Leaked Mormon Church booklet for leaders claims masturbation turns you gay

The sad thing is that is actually what a non-trivial fraction of homophobic and/or evangelical voters seriously believe.

14 Likes

Yes, and that joke is about 45 years old, which tells you something about the ridiculous levels of resistance to fact of “conservatives.”

8 Likes

Dunno about gayness, but I did learn that if I ever get AIDS, to get rid of it I have to fuck a dead frog. Arnold says so.

1 Like

Well, I mean, duh! Masturbation is gay - by definition you’re touching someone of your gender in a sexual way!

Reading that, I wondered if there were men so homophobic that they thought masturbation was “too gay.” I guess I have my answer.

2 Likes

This is not special to the LDS, I recall seeing at least one Jack Chick tract that made the same argument.

8 Likes

If that were true, I would have been SO gay.

6 Likes

Proud Boys are apparently only allowed to jerk off within three feet/five feet/twenty feet of a woman (sources vary).

3 Likes

I can double your research sample.

3 Likes

If this were true, junior high school would look like San Francisco bathhouse ca. 1977.

6 Likes

But they’re still… touching a peeenuuus!

2 Likes

So that explains it!

1 Like

I have not turned gay yet. I’ll keep trying!

7 Likes

Don’t you mean 10 minutes, more or less?

1 Like

well you know gotta try more than once… for science. anyway not gay yet.

3 Likes

You must be a lot younger than I am.

5 Likes

Wait, how gay?

It’s a toggle.

Scanning comments to see if I should make this exact point. Beaten to it!

Though, I’d like to point out that if you are experiencing sexual dysphoria you may feel your body is a different gender than you are. Maybe I should explain that to some Mormon church leaders.

8 Likes

I have a pet theory that the most stridently anti-gay protesters are the ones that are in the closet and living in a social structure where being homosexual is a sin. To these people public gay behavior is an actual temptation and threat to their entire life. It only takes one moment of weakness and their friends could be shunning them and they could find themselves locked out of their social circles.

Of course you can’t pass laws that say “don’t be gay around Senator Inthecloset”, so they have to hide them behind blanket bans. Then it becomes a self perpetuating cycle where gay men suppress other gay men which means those gay men need to suppress the next generation and so on and so forth. If you’re secure in your sexuality and open about it there’s no need to panic about other people’s orientation.

8 Likes

Percentage of men who masturbate, depending on source: 92-97%

You might as well say that breathing makes you gay. Come on homophobic asshats, at least get your hateful, idiotic lies vaguely consistent with reality.

7 Likes

Seems you’re lowballing.

5 Likes

If they’re right, that means everyone who has ever lived on this planet is gay.

1 Like