Leaked Mormon Church booklet for leaders claims masturbation turns you gay

Riffing off an old joke, the numbers mean that the remaining 3 to 8 percent are lying.

7 Likes

Gee, I don’t know. I hear that turns you gay.

:stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Or have some special anti-masturbation underwear or something.

3 Likes

Are you doing it now?

3 Likes

If ever I accidentally become planetary dictator, I am going to enforce naturism on Mormons. It’s one really petty bit of exertion of power I would contemplate. The other one would involve Scientologists, and I’m not going to tell you about that.

3 Likes

Soooooooo gay.

3 Likes

Well, I mean. You know any gay people who don’t breathe?

2 Likes

with 3% to 8% of responses that are lies.

4 Likes

Oh Shit! This may be another Me Too moment because Yep, me too and Yep, so am I!

2 Likes

I just blew a huge load reading this…

2 Likes

That is sooooo gay.

1 Like

Is there a Scientology thread where we can read about it?

1 Like

There are secret techniques which can prevent embarrassing nightly emissions of classified church documents. HMU4411

1 Like

Humans aren’t eusocial at all. Most people have a shot at reproduction at one time or another. Eusocial animals have nearly all of one sex be a class of infertile workers.

Bees are eusocial. Ants are eusocial. Naked mole rats are eusocial (males are mostly infertile workers). Humans aren’t even close to eusocial except when it comes to religion. Then the ruling class works very hard to suppress other classes from reproducing outside of proscribed limits of marriage. And then only for the purposes of making more religious adherents.

5 Likes

What’s with the quotes around “conservatives”?

Facts change, conservatives stand on non-facts. Like the bible. Rejecting evidence in favor of just always thinking the way they’ve always done, and believing in the same shit no matter what is perfectly in line with conservative values.

Now, if they were changing their minds according to new evidence and changing their attitudes to line up with the values they hold when presented with new information, then they’d be “conservatives”. Betraying their pledge of static…ness…icity.

3 Likes

What do confused, castrated horses have anything to do with it?

1 Like

Yeah, conservatives used to be like Edmund Burke, people who realized that society had to change, but who just wanted the speed of change to slow down. These days we actually have people who want society to reverse, which is (relatively) new.

4 Likes

Gods, what a bunch of wankers.

4 Likes

In the UK Conservatism used to cover a number of issues such as:

Ideology bad, what matters is what works.
Sound money and avoidance of bubbles and large scale speculation.
Don’t introduce new things in a hurry, give them time to settle.
Freedoms guaranteed by Magna Carta.
Paternalism.

With the exception of the last, these are not bad things. For instance, British conservatism was deeply opposed to religious extremism. It would not have allowed the housing bubble and complex derivative trading that have made banking opaque. Facebook, Twitter and Uber would have been monitored and regulated.

All that came to an end when “conservative” started meaning religiously bigoted, economically extremely laissez faire, and socially repressive. And that came mostly from the left side of the pond.

(As an example it was a British judge of Conservative views who announced that the moment a slave stepped foot in Britain he became a free man due to the ancient freedoms granted by Magna Carta and the Common Law. That’s Conservatism in action - no change since the 13th century!)

11 Likes

But conservatism isn’t good anymore. It’s brinksmanship. It’s a system of triggering fears and prejudices in the stupid, the poorly educated, and the uncritical believers in order to make them vote for people who’d sooner see them ground up into hamburger than actually care about any human’s wellbeing.

3 Likes