Leaked UK military "Extreme Right Wing" checklist: "using the term 'Islamofascism'", adding "-istan" to place names

1. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn’t know what’s going on.
    Source
3 Likes

That’s what you get when the Barclays sack sub-editors in order to fund vexatious suits in the Channel Islands and France.

I haven’t got any money, so you cannot have it boys.

1 Like

(Casablanca)tumblr_n1fnd9ztwT1qg4blro1_400-

8 Likes

I have to admit I have done that in the past-- not for any political or racial reason, just because I thought it sounded funny.

1 Like

Got it in one! I think it’s completely wrong that the captain of the team (among others) has to stand there listening to the anthem of a different state from the one he is from. Also it’s some boring martial piece of shit. The rugby anthem may be awful but it has the great benefit of being neither Amhrán na bhFiann or the Queen.

They only play the Irish anthem when playing at home but even so…
EDIT - I don’t stand for national anthems in general, and if I feel that it would be a danger not to I don’t put myself in that situation again but it’s not an issue at Irish matches in soccer, rugby, or even GAA. I suspect the all Ireland nature of sports might be the reason for that. Though of course the FAI and the IFA are warring bodies (due most likely to the incorrigibly incompetent and corrupt FAI being kicked out…)

There are parts of that which we do well in Ireland, it’s a great day when your friends and colleagues become citizens and they really do feel welcomed. But then, there are things that we do unbefuckinglievably badly so we aren’t in a position to criticise anyone else. I haven’t read the New Yorker article (I only know about it through the photographer) but what it’s about is familiar to me and top of my list whenever I get to talk to politicians.

1 Like

Great that they support their squad mate.
Terrible that they sit in the open like that with no cover.

2 Likes

Rhetorical question?

1 Like
  1. Everything is air-droppable at least once.
6 Likes
  1. “Do you have a backup?” means “I can’t fix this."
3 Likes

But not a Captain who does…

Source

1 Like

SHOCKED that a ‘patriotic’ pro-military rag would have no clue about the actual workings of the ‘troops’ they virtue-signal about supporting :smiley:

1 Like

No sub-editors.

From a cursory glance, this looks like an exceedingly sensible list. I’m rather impressed, frankly.

1 Like

A Captain who knows what’s going on?
I call urban myth.

True, it’s a rare occurrence.

1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.