Legalize it? We think so!

Hm, tell me more about the nature of your grievance?
What did I do to tick you off?

2 Likes

Vermont. Do they have the votes for an override?

I gave it up in the spring of 1991. Cannabis is not always harmless. It’s not always amusing and it’s far from cheap. These are facts, and they are completely orthogonal to the fight for legalization.

The U.S. government regulates far too much conduct that’s engaged in by its weakest, youngest, least protected individual citizens. It regulates far too little conduct that’s engaged in by the rich, the powerful, the corporate and the state security apparatus. Schedule 1 status for cannabis is all about maintaining and extending this fetid, dishonorable status quo.

3 Likes

Not even close. The Gov sent it back to the House for fixes he wanted to see, and the Republican party decided that they won’t allow those fixes to happen and will uphold the veto.

The party of opposing the “nanny state”, indeed!

2 Likes

Well…yeah.

4 Likes

I think it’s the cleaned up version of their original slogan - Legalize It? Other organizations already did the hard work!

I don’t really have any beef with LIWTS, but they’re enthusiast press. Having “Legalize It” in your name doesn’t make you NORML

1 Like

Wow…since when did boing boing become so pro-marijuana?

Wow…when did marijuana become so BoingBoing?

2 Likes

I was startled chatting in an Oregon college town dispensary when they told me there was always a rush when they opened their doors in the morning from students wanting to get high before heading to class. Imagine what we’d think of students piling into a bar in the morning!!! Moderation kids, moderation.

Hey-

Hey Hey-

Smoke weed every day-yea

Once it is a legal product, of course.

3 Likes

Since when haven’t they been?

4 Likes

Between the numerous posts extolling the virtues of marijuana (including @xeni’s wonderful essay on medical marijuana as part of her cancer treatment) and the many “wink, wink, nudge, nudge” ads for vaping supplies for “herbal use” one has to wonder if that was a serious question.

2 Likes

Perhaps if we play more Cypress Hill?

1 Like

I’ve never known it not to be.

Boing…did when marijuana so become WowWow?

2 Likes

I’m rarely not high in class and I’m just a tad below a 4.0 after some 130 credit hours. Definitely not the same as being drunk (which I tried once, fortunately with the right professor. It was terrible.)

Weed helps me with my scatterbrains, and actually focus during lectures. Without it and I’m counting the bricks in the wall. I’d rather that than pop speed, but hey, that’s just me.

2 Likes

All the poets they studied rules of verse and those ladies, they rolled their eyes.

(Sorry, dunno why I did that. Not even a VU fan, particularly)

1 Like

We not only piled into the bar first thing in the morning, we even dressed up in costumes to do so. No joke.

1 Like

The most important part is that legal means it can be studied, that we can better look at what actually works and why, that it can be regulated, controlled, sanely used instead of being in the paranoid outlaw realm.