LEGO crime boss busted in Portland

Must be a slow month for the cops down there.

What? No “late stage capitalism”? BB I am disappoint.

3 Likes

Reminds me of a case in Melbourne about a decade ago where the owners of a chain of variety stores (all in ‘rich’ suburbs, strangely enough) got junkies to shoplift to order, then would buy the stolen goods cheaply and sell them at a huge mark-up. God, sometimes people are such shits.

1 Like

value of the Legos… to be approximately $50,000

Wow! He must have stolen nearly a dozen Star Wars sets!

14 Likes

Wonder if he had any of these?

https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Prison-Island-60130

1 Like

If that happened, I wouldn’t even be mad, I’d be impressed.

4 Likes
1 Like

“FMMRTU! Freeze, scumbags!”

3 Likes

After retiring from NCSI, Pauley Perrettes character could star in FMMRTU. Naval investigator retires, what is left for her but Fred Meyer?

1 Like

Now you’re that guy/gal! Woohoo! :wink:

This is crazy, all this taking place just around the corner from my home. And people acknowledging that Portland extends beyond 60th even! Odd though, 103rd and SE Washington is nowhere near a Fred Meyer.

Maybe Freddie’s can lower their astronomical prices a bit now that this Lego thieving ring is finished. (Fat chance.)

2 Likes

This is funnier when you have no clue that Fred Meyer is a store. Took a search to discover that it wasn’t some dude named Fred who tracks down thieves. /kinda bummed.

9 Likes

It didn’t take long for police to put the pieces together and build a case against the alleged perpetrator.

6 Likes

And the comments deliver! I flipped a mental coin: which will take less time to hop figure out WTF a Fred Meyer Market Retail Theft Unit is, use the google or check the comments? Wisely chose the comments. My guess has been more dystopian though, not knowing what Fred Meyer is, I had quickly constructed an elite international crime fighting unit headed by (or inspired by, hadn’t decided yet) a shadowy Bond-style super spy. Meyer. Fred Myer.

2 Likes

sounds like a big set up

BLOCK HIM UP

2 Likes

The Gateway store is on NE 102nd in between Glisan and Halsey. And didn’t you hear the rumors that Freddy’s closed down SE 82nd and Foster due to the rampant shoplifting?

do they sell Caf-Pow!?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.