Lego Eiffel Tower is the tallest set of all time

It’s not quite that. I like French people just fine but have zero interest in ever setting foot in Paris again; somehow Francophilia in my mind includes Paris-philia.

It’s sort of funny – my wife and are mooting out a trip to Normandy next fall to go to the landing grounds, etc. and also eat a lot of cheese – and when I tell people we’ll get no closer to Paris than the airport, some folks get it, but others want to have an argument with me about it.

2 Likes

Hi from France, you are right, no need to go to Paris to enjoy France, au contraire.

If you get a chance, give western France a try. In the southwest, you’ll find a great variety of food, wine and historical places.

À bientôt :wave:

3 Likes

I speak a tolerable amount of German and a few pleasantries in French (although, weirdly, I’ve been told my French accent is surprisingly good). Germans are thrilled when I can speak even a little bit and are very patient when I try. The folks outside of Paris were the same way – delighted that I at least started with a pleasant hello.

The folks in Paris, on the other hand, used my (very) limited French as an excuse to quickly find the limits of my French and then operate entirely outside of them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.