LEGO Mystery Machine

[Read the post]

2 Likes

No Velma, no sale.

15 Likes

I ordered, but am disappointed by lack of Velma and Daphne. I’m hoping that maybe they release the ladies as a separate mini-fig pack?

3 Likes

The only thing worse than not including Velma and Daphne would have been including Scrappy.

But seriously, Lego - WTF?

10 Likes

I saw the sets at target last weekend and i noticed that none of them had Velma. edit: it appears that Velma is available with the Haunted Mansion set (which I did not see at Target). Either way, having to purchase the sets just to get a minifig is pretty crummy. I’m sure they will be available separately online.

2 Likes

Before freaking out about the lack of women, it should be noted that many of the Scooby-Doo sets do not contain all of the figures, but usually have Shaggy and Scooby-Doo. For example, while the Mystery Mansion set includes everyone (as well as some villians), the Haunted Lighthouse only includes Daphne in addition to Scooby and Shaggy).

3 Likes

Appears none of the other Scooby LEGO sets have either female team member. Dude with a pumpkin on his head tho.

4 Likes

It was still a pretty face-palmy decision to include all three of the male characters—PLUS a (male?) zombie, and neither of the women.

3 Likes

Nope. They just specifically exclude them from what you’d expect would be the big seller.

They’re in this one:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Mystery-Mansion-75904

7 Likes
3 Likes

It looks like the sets break down like this:
Shaggy, Scooby & a mummy - $15
Shaggy, Scooby, & a pumpkin-headed horseman - $20
Shaggy, Scooby, Fred, & a zombie - $30
Shaggy, Scooby, Velma, a ghost, & a lagoon creature - $50
Shaggy, Scooby, Daphne, Velma, a vampire, a knight, & a ghost - $90

So all the sets contain Shaggy & Scooby & a monster, plus zero to two of the others depending on the price.

6 Likes

And the worst part is at first I thought it was a female zombie, but then it turned out to be Jonathan Winters.

6 Likes

and I’d have gotten away with it too, if it hadn;t been for you meddling KIDS!!!

So it appear one ends up with a clone army of shaggy and scoobys if one gets them all

4 Likes

Not into Lego but I totally want that castle AND the van.

2 Likes

More like incomplete without Velma and Daphne…

4 Likes

[quote=“dumtruck51, post:6, topic:65333, full:true”]
Before freaking out about the lack of women, it should be noted that many of the Scooby-Doo sets do not contain all of the figures, but usually have Shaggy and Scooby-Doo. [/quote]

Did you never watch the cartoons? No way could Shaggy, Scooby, and Fred manage on their own. They’re zombie-food now.

4 Likes

Did none of you see that there are dozens of Scooby-Doo Lego Kits??
She is in the haunted mansion kit! BUT her glasses don’t come off, so she can feel around for them on the ground…

edit: i see i was already beaten to the punch…

4 Likes

Sigh. Covet.

1 Like