Leon Musk complains there is not enough assasinating going on

I don’t know, Jerwin just quoted an article saying he needs bodyguards there to use the toilet. That’s not someone who does what they want without fear of reprisal.

10 Likes

It’s difficult for the government to nationalize a private company or industry, though. @KathyPartdeux gave a few examples, but there haven’t been a lot of clear parallels to this since the Youngstown Steel case decided by SCOTUS in 1952. The bar is pretty high for the government to justify taking over a private company.

8 Likes

This fucking guy.

schass

9 Likes

Remember the US Navy ship where sailors had secretly installed their own Starlink terminal? It was discovered by a technician who was installing a Starshield terminal.

9 Likes

True. But I don’t think it would be difficult to develop it on their own via another company, or, just buy it outright for control of it. They won’t be using Starlink, they will be using their own proprietary network.

Lockheed Martin makes the military GPS satellites, but they don’t have control over them. (Well, I am assuming that…)

Ah, so they are basically doing that? Still, if the President of Lockheed Martin was saying some of the shit Musk does, I think it would raise a bunch of eyebrows. They really should remove him from any actual power at Space X.

6 Likes

Musk’s businesses can run just fine w/o him… and perhaps much better, definitely safer for touch-labor employees, and w/o all the drama. In all his businesses, Musk is the biggest liability. His employees know it. Stockholders know it. The government knows it. Does Musk know it? The need for a platoon of personal guards says “yes”.

8 Likes

And no one is even trying to assassinate Musk.

(Well, maybe they are, but they’re clearly not trying very hard.)

6 Likes

… oh that’s why his character has that accent

4 Likes

Assassins aim at Trump (not well enough, IMO) to the exclusion of other candidates because he advocates violence against the opposition and does not discourage it when it happens.

Many non-Trumpists were scared into first time firearm ownership by the Charlottesville VA violence compounded by Trump’s tacit approval. Firearms instructors noticed the demographic shift first 'round hyah in Tejas when tie-dyed shirts and non-whites showed up for the License-To-Carry classes. Furthermore, these first timers don’t brag about their ownership.

6 Likes

Elon Musk’s assassination joke bombs, internet responds with calls for his deportation

[…]

Whether Musk’s language rises to such a level [Brandenburg test] isn’t immediately clear. We’ve contacted legal experts to learn more about how his comments might be interpreted by a court, but haven’t heard back.

The US Secret Service, which is responsible for protecting high-ranking US federal government officials and investigating threats toward them, did respond, but wouldn’t go into specifics.

“The Secret Service is aware of the social media post made by Elon Musk and as a matter of practice, we do not comment on matters involving protective intelligence,” a spokesperson told us. “We can say, however, that the Secret Service investigates all threats related to our protectees.”

We’ve also asked Musk about how he intends to save his comedy career after telling a “joke” so bad it’s led to calls for his deportation, but haven’t heard back.

13 Likes

I’ve read it a few times now and still don’t know what context is needed to make it a joke.

9 Likes

Ketamine?

10 Likes

He’s a dickweed.

10 Likes

Man, that seems harsh; I mean, I know he is interminable, a waste of time and resources, and does his best to suck the wonder out of science-fiction concepts… Okay, yeah, I guess that “Voyager” is a fitting name.

#justiceforharrykim

4 Likes

Until the tag, I was “what?”

giphy

2 Likes

Tekno King

3 Likes

How did Uesugi Kenshin die?
On the toilet, possibly stabbed by a ninja assassin hiding in the cesspit beneath it.

6 Likes

No need to wait. The Defense Production Act includes anything that is vital to national security. There has already been one incident when lack of Starlink coverage has compromised Ukrainian defense. The use of Starlink for drone control by the Ukrainian military already justifies control or seizure of Starlink under the DPA.

8 Likes

Shooting yourself in the foot isn’t an assassination attempt.

4 Likes

That’s … dedication.

5 Likes