Leopard vs porcupine: Who wins in this cute and meandering battle?

Originally published at: Leopard vs porcupine: Who wins in this cute and meandering battle? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Ooh, that was really unpleasant. A terrified porcupine and a hungry, wounded leopard. Not my idea of cute.

8 Likes

Was it this guy?

3 Likes

Muuuuuch better than cheetah instantly and violently disappearing into muddy waters, pulled down by a crocodile…!

4 Likes

I’m glad I read your comment before clicking through. Thank you! Will not watch.

4 Likes

It’s only PG, but yeah, you can tell his paw is stinging.

1 Like

Sedation & needle nose plyers are in your future Mr Cat.

1 Like

No, kitty! No touch pokey pig!

4 Likes

Adorable until I actually watched it and saw a bloody paw.

3 Likes

“Slinked”? American past participles are rapidly diverging. I’ve come to terms with “dove” (Brits say “dived”). But “slinked”? It’s “slunk” man, or was until recently.

And it started off the video with a bloody paw, so I’m guessing the leopard had been at this for a while.

The essay name completely escapes me at the moment, but I remember someone writing about a sports announcer at golden age baseball games, and his use of “fling, flang, flung” or something to that effect.

2 Likes

The leopard in the video should have seen this leopard first.

1 Like

“Ends in a draw” means the porky won-- it’s not like he’s going to devour the leopard.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the first time I tried to eat an artichoke.

2 Likes
1 Like

So weird that the porcupine makes a ratcheting noise of a child’s toy…like one of those corn popper lawnmower toys. Is that just from it moving around and its quills touching, or was it growling too?

And this is nothing like the previous croc video. Yeah the leopard takes a quill or two but its well-deserved. Fucked around and found out!

1 Like

I think I read that, and my faulty memory tells me it was James Thurber.

1 Like

I figure he must’ve been a hungry leopard to keep at it as long as he did. Or maybe a slow learner.

Yes, yes, I think that might be it.