Let Us Bang Our Heads and Give Thanks For…

… [your statement of gratitude for something/someone in your life here]

4 Likes

Heavy Metal

sorry, I couldn’t resist

10 Likes

Word.

4 Likes

@JemmieDuffs for putting up with me while I search for new employment.

13 Likes

My brother’s mother-in-law for taking me under her roof for a few weeks while I relocated after receiving very short notice of the start of my new job.

Also, (nod to @the_borderer) Mastodon’s Crack the Skye, which I still listen to—always in its entirety—at least once every couple months.

6 Likes

I give thanks for weirdos and the internet.

16 Likes

i give thanks for everyone who makes me connected to the world, from my blood relations to my chosen relations in real life to my chosen relations in this internet world we share. special shout-outs here to @crenquis who likes my ramblings as if he understands me, @Melizmatic who posts things sometimes that are like she’s reading my mind, @chgoliz, @OtherMichael, and @daneel who always have interesting things to say, and to @popobawa4u and @Mister44 for keeping me from getting too complacent. happy thanksgiving to all!

12 Likes

Gilbert Gottfried and his podcast cohost and avid researcher Frank Santopadre, Of the seven ‘fan’ letters I wrote this year, Mr. Santopadre was the only one who wrote back. We follow each other on Twitter now.
Their podcasts are getting me through some challenging times.

Gilbert Gottfried posted this today, and I’m thankful for it. I bet Uncle Sam is too.

13 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to all y’all. Best wishes to your related-families (in-laws & out-laws included), chosen-families, ad-hoc-families, gaggle-o-dorks, e-families, etc.
My WI family doesn’t do anything anymore, so I’m off to one of my “adopted/surrogate” families…

10 Likes

At the risk of sounding like a suck-up, I’m giving thanks to the BB staff for giving us this place to stop, collaborate, and listen.

15 Likes

Spiderman about to give a rusty trombone to Uncle Sam in front of a crowd of onlookers.

This seems like a metaphor for something - I’m just not quite sure what that something is yet.

6 Likes

I am not sure what complacency I am warning against, but happy to make your short list.

I am mainly thankful for my kid and my life not being total shit.

12 Likes

My family … and my 45yo body that so far hasn’t given me much to complain about. Not everyone is lucky like that.

9 Likes

Why is the Thanksgiving thread six weeks late?

Oh well.

I’m thankful for all y’all, and for a world that hasn’t completely imploded yet.

11 Likes

It being early morning here, right now all I’m thankful for is this large cup of coffee.

7 Likes

``
­
##Belated happy Turkey Day to everyone.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 85 days. New replies are no longer allowed.