Let's celebrate the life of Franco Belgian comic legend Jean-Claude Mézières

That’s a common complaint and I certainly agree. I have been trying to think of a good Valerian in the spirit of the comics but I haven’t found a good option. I am probably missing something obvious, but the whole dynamic of the character doesn’t seem to be all that common in Hollywood. He is both this dedicated, hypercompetent spatio-temporal agent, literally a champion of Earth in the issue shown above, and the butt of the joke much of the time (and aware of it).

2 Likes

I looked forward following certain youtube items

Cillian Murphy might have been a good fit fit for Valerian. He certainly has a certain amount of weirdness going for him.

1 Like

On the description above, I would have thought Chris Hemsworth has an appropriate mix of square-jawed masculinity and the ability to recognise how ridiculous it all is.

1 Like

On my walk to home from work:

There are Valerian albums in two languages (Finnish and Swedish) in that window.

6 Likes

And Hunt Emerson’s “Inferno”!

1 Like

I thought you might like to see the image from the article in colour (and in English).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.