Let's remember Thor as he was

Bob Layton liked to make Thor the butt of jokes back in the old comics too.

3 Likes

Um… you’ve just described much of the MCU as-is.

I think that was his point? Did you read our back and forth?

1 Like

That’s what I get for replying before reading the entire thing….

3 Likes

Happens to the best of us! :smile:

3 Likes

‘Thor as he was’ = campy a/f, yo; like something out of a 60’s acid trip.

Haven’t seen Love & Thunder yet; though the criticism about the self-satisfied smugness of most MCU flicks is spot on.

That said, I’m still gonna watch it eventually, just to see Jane Foster as Thor.

Too much like right; that seems to be some folks’ whole raison d’être…

3 Likes

The original Thor was clean shaven. Not like the graphic illustrating the need for a changeless Assgardian. (Apologies to Mr Goldblum).

He was bound to a mortal too. Which is quite a liability in a fight. And had the ability to time travel.

The Thor is dead!
Long live the Thor!

6 Likes

I thought there was only one S in Asgardian but maybe those guys protect something else :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Well, although they all mayn’t look it, most of the Æsir are getting up in years and can benefit from the confidence provided by a good high quality, but discreet, incontinence garment.

3 Likes

Yeah, hard disagree. Message, metaphor and innovation are at once not an objective measure of value for media nor missing from Adam West’s Batman.

2 Likes

Seems like this gatekeeping could be applied to pretty much any kind of *insert popular thing here*.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.