A teaser trailer for 'Thor: Love and Thunder

Originally published at: A teaser trailer for 'Thor: Love and Thunder | Boing Boing

2 Likes

He’s going to Olympus?

Loving Tessa’s power suit. And Natalie’s arms. She’s looking mighty.

15 Likes

Thank you, Taika Waititi.

26 Likes

And Hemsworth is genuinely funny. It’s a good thing he got that Ghostbusters gig to showcase that.

17 Likes

Look at Hiddles… he holds it together…

15 Likes

Classically trained.

13 Likes

With out Thor, there’d be no Thursday.

14 Likes

Thor’s goofy lurrve-smile wafting into frame is just the best. Can’t wait for this one.

10 Likes

Thor/Starlord?

6 Likes

Clearly

:smiling_imp:

17 Likes

Thorlord?

4 Likes

It’s Thor/Rocket - they’re soulmates.

Thank you, sweet rabbit.

7 Likes

I would take an entire Disney+ series of Thor getting back into shape.

:rofl:

Really? The first Thor was hilarious, imo. The second was boring and self-serious, but Taika was really just bringing the series back to its beginning with Ragnarok.

Also: A lot of the criticism of the first film was that it was too “Shakespearean”

A) Have you ever even read Thor?

B) Have you ever even read Shakespeare?

‘Cause Shakespeare doth never say thee “Nay”.

14 Likes

I must admit, I am excited to see Jane Foster as Thor; that’s totally cannon.

16 Likes

Say thee nay, one more time, Motherfrigger; I double-dog dare thee!

9 Likes

The first movie had a few funny lines but I don’t think it ever really rose to the level of “hilarious.” Thor: Ragnarok was a thoroughly fun, campy roller-coaster ride from beginning to end.

That it is but I still don’t understand why any other character would assume the name “Thor” just because they take over the “God of Thunder” mantle though. “Thor” is the given name his family called him since infancy, it wasn’t a title he earned. When Sam Wilson took up the shield he became the new Captain America, but he didn’t become the new Steve Rogers.

8 Likes

happy thor ragnarok GIF by Marvel Studios

They’re aliens/gods… :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Dunno, that’s just the way they wrote it.

(Don’t expect comic book narratives to be logical; you will always end up disappointed.)

14 Likes

They kind of glossed over the fact that as soon as Jane Foster picked up the hammer she also became legally responsible for taking over Thor’s student loan payments.

20 Likes

I imagine Beta Ray Bill feels a bit put out…

10 Likes