Let's talk about Muppet Babies, shall we?

Muppet Babies was weirdly compelling long after I was probably out of the intended age bracket. Remember the episode where they travel into an atomic nucleus and manifest imaginary particles?

I recall being downright bored as a tyke by Monsterpiece Theater whenever it came on. How is a child supposed to make anything out of “Chariots of Fur”? (Perhaps the memory of it stuck with me as it serves as a compelling introduction to absurdism?)

1 Like

No. Muppets. They are muppets.

muppet babies 90s GIF

6 Likes

I hear you. And yes, they are Muppets…

…which is a portmanteau of Marionette + Puppet.

So we’re both right!
muppets GIF

2 Likes

The Muppets is the greatest Muppet film. Muppet Christmas Carol is a close second place.

ETA:
Also, if you’re a fan of Flight of the Conchords, you’ll be pleased to know that Brett McKenzie wrote the music, for which he won a well-deserved Oscar.

2 Likes

Being a Gen Xer, OG The Muppet Movie will always be the best to me.

That being said, The Muppets is a wonderful film. Anyone of my generation who didn’t get misty eyed during “Pictures in My Head” is probably a Martian in a human suit.

2 Likes

Taking care of my 3 year old granddaughter I can say some of the shows she loves make me cringe. But I’m not the Roger Ebert of children programing but there are some cartoons she loves mostly fun not all educational. I had to remove you tube kids from her fire stick profile because of the crap for kids on there

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.