The first clip from Hulu's ANIMANIACS reboot is a delightfully meta riff on JURASSIC PARK

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/13/the-first-clip-from-hulus-animaniacs-reboot-is-a-delightfully-meta-riff-on-jurassic-park.html

8 Likes

New Pinky & the Brain episodes? I’m in.

11 Likes

“We got baloney in our slacks!”

2 Likes

This could be the thing that makes me subscribe to a streaming service.

2 Likes

Saw this a few days ago; hopefully, it will do better than most reboots tend to.

And now, because I’m feeling nostalgic:

8 Likes

Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

9 Likes

13 Likes

*Pondering.

6 Likes

I just rolled with it, misquote and all.

Any excuse to post P&tB gifs:

11 Likes

Love me some Pinky and the Brain, though I thought the pacing worked best in the short sketches before they got their own spinoff cartoon.

I still don’t understand why they kept the “Goodfeathers” bit as a recurring sketch for so long though. For one thing, the “Joe Pesci bird flipping out over a misunderstood compliment” was kind of a one-note joke. For another… how many kids in the show’s target audience even saw the movie the bit was parodying? It wasn’t exactly a family film.

4 Likes

I hope the bring back Slappy Squirrel.

8 Likes

I wonder how they’d update all the “Old Hollywood” references for a retired actor in the year 2020.

One of the funny running jokes on Bojack Horseman was how producer Lenny Turteltaub (being an aged turtle) was around for literally the entire history of the motion picture industry.

4 Likes

I can not wait! I really need to re-watch the old ones. I know I missed some after going to college.

They will be like old 80s actors now.

The original, for reference. The Animaniacs clip nails it practically shot-for-shot and line-by-line.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.