Letter from a Chinese forced-labor camp found in Kmart Hallowe'en decorations

Bumblefucks and plastic grass.

1 Like

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1361609/rudolph-bumble-o.gif

2 Likes

That cracks me up!

Yeah, would love to see that paper. Iā€™m learning Chinese and need to pick up a few insults.

Whatever that .gif is, itā€™s crashing the browser on this poxy backup laptop (my HDD has died. A-fucking-gain) Iā€™ll assume itā€™s apposite and amusing :smiley:

Itā€™s the Bumble from Rudolph.

1 Like

Ah. I shouldnā€™t NEED an NVidia graphics card to be amused by a .gif, FFS. But, clearly, I doā€¦

That makes my day!

For one thing, the NDP is also making a big thing of his comments, so itā€™s not a PC thing. And itā€™s not much of a smear when the guy directly said he admires Chinaā€™s dictatorial system:

There is a level of admiration I actually have for China because their basic dictatorship is allowing them to actually turn their economy around on a dime and say we need to go green, we need to start, you know, investing in solar. There is a flexibility that I know Stephen Harper must dream about: having a dictatorship where you can do whatever you wanted, that I find quite interesting.

Or if it is a smear, then everyone here is smearing Rob Ford when they directly quote him.

Trudeau then went on to address the nub of the question.

ā€œBut if I were to reach out and say whichā€¦kind of administration I most admire, I think thereā€™s something to be said right here in Canada for the way our territories are run,ā€ he said.

ā€œNunavut, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon are done without political parties around consensus. And are much more like a municipal government. And I think thereā€™s a lot to be said for people pulling together to try and solve issues rather than to score points off of each other.ā€

Trudeau rounded off his answer by quipping ā€œbut Sun News can now report that I prefer China.ā€

I guess context doesnā€™t matter really.

ā€¦ so is Trudeau planning on implementing a One-Child policy? Iā€™m not ā€¦ quite ā€¦ clear ā€¦ oh! I got it. Heā€™s from China, right?!

Trudeau wants to force your children to work in Canadian factories making Halloweā€™en decorations! Wake up sheeple!

2 Likes

Jebus I knew it was an unbelievably insane, dastardly plot! What a total bastard! This could end up with Canada being kicked out of the Commonwealth - even becoming the New Taiwan!

Itā€™ll be tough to be kicked out of the Commonwealth when he forces the Queen and the entire royal family to work in those same factories! Even Prince George! Justin Trudeau will make Prince George work in a factory making Halloweā€™en decorations. How will his tiny fingers manage?

1 Like

Itā€™s all in the technique. Once you get the hydraulics and the filters set up correctly theyā€™re basically indistinguishable pound for pound.

We tie a weight to his feet, and use him for sweeping chimneys. Heā€™s already kitted out in layers of dusters, look.

1 Like

There is clearly only one way to save Kingling George!

Aw, doesnā€™t he look like Puyi ?

Despite the Nunavut experience, politics is messy. Itā€™s not like the liberals forego the opportunity to score cheap points. Here the points arenā€™t so cheap, as there are other political systems he could have cited that offer plenty of centralized power without sacrificing free and fair elections.

For example, Canadaā€™s weakly bicameral parliamentary system has traditionally offered the ruling party virtually unopposed power, as typified during the era when the Liberalā€™s were seen as Canadaā€™s ā€œnatural governing party.ā€ Clearly this sort of strong governance is preferred to the sort of consensus driven politics that Trudeau claims to be his preference: I donā€™t think any politician really relishes the prospect of weak minority governments in true multiparty system, where real concessions on fundamental policy positions are required in order to form a consensus.

I donā€™t doubt that Trudeau would appreciate a political climate where question period isnā€™t merely a place to score cheap political points while echoing empty talking points, grandstanding, or otherwise displaying a remarkable lack of political civility, but thatā€™s a far cry from true governance by consensus. And I do think itā€™s telling that instead of saying he would prefer a unicameral parliamentary system with extended term limits and majority governmentsā€“which would, in combination, make government very powerful indeedā€“Trudeau has instead made the leap to undemocratic dictatorships as his second-most-preferred style of government.

Hereā€™s how much of a non-story this is. Sun Media is already at the ā€œwhy didnā€™t the CBC cover this!? Must be Lieberal bias!ā€ stage of their impotent outrage. Iā€™m sure all 12 of their viewers will be angry and pledge not to vote for Trudeau.