"Libs of TikTok" unmasked in Washington Post exposé

I think maybe “backlash” means the dark path to ruin that we didn’t take.

8 Likes

I’m willing to fight like hell to make sure that we don’t take it now.

This is our time.

18 Likes

Another ex-real estate agent. Sooo many ex-real estate agents!

Get Out Of Here No Way GIF by Crossroads Church

13 Likes

Real estate agents and used car sales-people; I swear there’s a rule that they must be extreme opportunists with sociopathic tendencies in order to qualify for the job…

14 Likes

It’s the one job you can be pretty shit at, and still make a ton of money. At least if you get in the right area/with the right company. You think how much houses cost and that they take a percentage…

Not that a good realtor can’t be immensely helpful.

3 Likes

I think his preferred appellation is “Russian Asset.”

3 Likes

Conservative twitter this afternoon

5 Likes

Isn’t there an aphorism out there about how the more someone’s success if based on luck, the more they become obsessed with the idea that they deserve it?

9 Likes

I gotta believe that the market value for selling one’s soul has got to be a lot lower than it used to be given how many people are giving them away for free now.

7 Likes

Yes but can you possibly imagine a world without shitty real estate agents lawyers used car sales people landlords?

8f6

11 Likes

I think Matt Taibbi has him tied, at least. I’ve also been around long enough to remember when Andrew Sullivan didn’t totally suck (but still sucked enough to sign on for that Bell Curve nonsense).

3 Likes

Why can’t twitter just ban that account? Or inciting violence is OK these days?

2 Likes

[The movie Used Cars (w/Kurt Russell) is hysterical, unlike actual lying, evil grifters.]

6 Likes

Including his conduct when he was representing Matthew Hale.

7 Likes

Right now? The Daily Mail shows that it’s been the case for at least a century, if not longer.

3 Likes

The scariest part is how successful this person is likely to be at motivating their followers to become politically active on the local level.
So now it’s even more essential for progressives and other leftist peoples to step up and run for the school board and library council and all of those small local positions that can have an outsized effect on society. If we want to keep books in libraries and classrooms, maintain anti-discrimination laws, promote diverse city governments, provide civilian oversight on police departments and so on we need to do the work, beyond rants and whinging on the internet about how no one is a politically pure enough candidate.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.