Life After the Virus

10 Likes

That a sobering, realistic and most probably accurate picture of how this should go. There will continue to be numbnuts who fight for the virus, but hopefully small enough numbers, especially if the thing can be depoliticized. Not sure that’s possible now, but I am a hopeful kinda guy.

10 Likes
6 Likes

There will be no human “life after the virus.” This is an extinction event. Humanity is doomed. Send me all your money.

1 Like

You publish an intriguing newsletter available by subscription, I presume?

4 Likes

Good idea. I’ll call it the Pre-Extinction Bulletin.

5 Likes

How much for a lifetime subscription?

2 Likes

That’ll be the GDP of Morocco. This offer expires when I do.

2 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Right?

Most meat eaters seem especially prey to capitalism’s enforced disconnect between our pleasures and their costs.

5 Likes

I’ve also been thinking a lot lately of the factory farms and related meat processing plants that, along with prisons and long-term healthcare facilities, have been significant hotspots of the current pandemic. It’s one of things making me think I will severely limit any restaurant-going when it finally feels safe to resume that luxury.

I hope that in addition to being more mindful of disease transmissions, we can somehow bring the discussion around sustainable food production onto the main stage again.

Oh, and PS. Spot on. I remember trying to tell family members about the dangers and inhumanities of factory farming 20+ years ago and them saying, “oh, I don’t want to know.” They’d rather keep buying the Whoppers and $0.50/lb chicken breasts guilt free… :frowning:

8 Likes

132dc028d105ed49e392ae2aa809c8e477bf8f12_2_436x500

7 Likes

Wow, thanks for posting.
This does look interesting.
Graeber and Varoufakis are a plus.

2 Likes
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

6 Likes

They could have stopped there.

4 Likes
5 Likes