Lifehacker presents the 7 deadly sins of smoking weed as a beginner

Everyone is different, but THC does virtually nothing on / for me. :person_shrugging:

I get sort of sleepy, so I can personally recommend it as a sleep aid, but I was truly shocked after listening to decades of movies and songs raving about the drug how… mild… it was. I’ve tried edibles, vaping, sublingual in dosages from 5mg up to 50mg. I was like, where is this fun drug experience I was promised in movies and songs?

(CBD alone – and I bought ultra-concentrated liquid versions for testing – had absolutely no effect on me whatsoever, but I wish more people knew that CBD will cause “the grapefruit effect” if you are taking other medications, so be careful.)

Anyway, my big takeaway is that it’s crazy THC was heavily criminalized for so long, it’s clearly an extremely safe drug, to the point of (for me) not even being that interesting as a drug… so for all the people that THC helps, thank goodness we’re finally legalizing something useful, helpful, and safe. We just need the rest of the states to get on board:

And yeah if you haven’t tried THC, might as well. Maybe it’ll work for you. It certainly won’t hurt you. Start at a low dose, of course…

8 Likes