Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts: 'If you legalize marijuana, you're gonna kill your kids'

Originally published at: Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts: 'If you legalize marijuana, you're gonna kill your kids' | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Nice to see that he isn’t sensationalizing the situation.

37 Likes
27 Likes

Tell that to CA and CO, and everywhere else that it went legal recently.

48 Likes

All due respect governor,

How?

17 Likes

Tongue cuts on cheap rolling paper?

18 Likes

OK… now do alcohol, Guv’ner.

35 Likes

I do find it somewhat ironic that here in Hawaii they’re pushing to outlaw vaping/tobacco/menthol cigarettes to varying degrees and at the same time warming to the idea of legalizing marijuana and even mushrooms.

I would complain about the hypocrisy yet all of it actually aligns with my personal beliefs.

11 Likes

Everyone needs to quit being so reactionary to politicians when they tell us how dangerous marijuana is. Marijuana is super-duper dangerous and has been proven time and time again to be highly addictive and hundreds of thousands children overdose on it everyday and die. Still don’t believe me? Well how about an anecdote I once heard from some kid when my parents sent me to a religious summer camp that I now tell as my own story and as ABSOLUTE proof of how dangerous marijuana is. I was at a party one time and saw a guy smoke 4 marijuanas at the party and then his dick shot out of his pants like a firework on the fourth of July it then exploded in the middle of the room blinding two people and killing 3 others. I’ve got so much more PROOF about how dangerous marijuana is, but no one wants to listen! /srcsm

38 Likes

Cops: “Yeah, that’s our job!”

33 Likes

Bill Maher and Willie Nelson Explain Why Americans Will Accept Pot Before Gay Marriage - YouTube - Willie tells all about the dangers of marijuana at the 3:00 mark.

3 Likes

Aw geez this was the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while and then you go and spoil it.

11 Likes

CDC: Youth Pot Use Dropped in States After Legalization, Including Colorado

Nina Petrovic | October 14, 2019
According to a recently published study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, youth marijuana use decreased in the nation’s first three states to legalize recreational pot. The CDC study, released October 4, reports that marijuana use among children in sixth to tenth grade residing in King County, Washington — the state’s most populated county and home to the Seattle metro area — actually dropped from 2012 to 2016.

37 Likes

And yet, ten years in of sparking it up with my kids, they’re doing just fine.

10 Likes

Sparking one …

Right Now!

32 Likes

Waiting for 5 o’clock and quittin’ time, right now

23 Likes

34 Likes

So, I’ve been smoking the marijuanas for over 30 years. How long is this supposed to take?

49 Likes

https://www.forbes.com/sites/debraborchardt/2015/06/15/legalized-medical-marijuana-doesnt-increase-teen-usage/

Fact: Everyone who smokes marijuana eventually dies!

45 Likes

Dude, I’m worried you’re doing it wrong, or not. Oh fu#k it, let’s get high.

28 Likes