Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts: 'If you legalize marijuana, you're gonna kill your kids'

Why is is that when we say legalise cannabis, right wingers hear “compulsory heroin for five year olds”?

Originally said by Mark Thomas on the Mark Thomas product

39 Likes

FIFY!

14 Likes

20 Likes

OMW…oh, let’s smoke one for the road.
Puff…puff…
Now I’m sleepy.
Passes out before reaching the door…

Passed Out GIF by memecandy

17 Likes

Wish I didn’t have to spoil the fun bud, but without that little tag at the end I would have had a handful of people wanting my head for absolutely lying about marijuana. PLuS My PiNKy GeTS TiRed WhEN I tYPe in SaRCaSM.

9 Likes

Everybody sign along!

16 Likes

Yup. In a microwave.

Then I’m gonna jump off the roof 'cause I’m pretty high and far out.

11 Likes

https://www.handspeak.com/word/search/index.php?id=1353

Sorry, not oneboxing. Trust me, it’s not a gotcha.

10 Likes

It’s so deadly, we really should use it as the only means of capital punishment.

25 Likes

20 Likes

This is all my brain wants to do with his drama.

16 Likes

“Every bowl you smoke is one less bowl that can get into kids’ hands”

I smoke because I care.

28 Likes

Half Baked Weed GIF

12 Likes

Everyone knows marijuana is what prevents killing your kids o.o’ .

13 Likes

I had no idea that “Reefer Madness” was also known as “The Data from Around the Country.” Weird, never heard about that alternate title before now, but it explains a lot.

You’re making the mistake of assuming he thinks the “pot” will directly kill kids, rather than causing adults to turn into murderous, child-killing fiends when they smoke it. Actually, I think the mistake we’re both making is assuming thought is coming into this at all. More likely they’re just words, coming out of his pie-hole, to indicate he thinks it’s bad, y’know - because, and evidence and logic don’t actually come into it.

9 Likes

Lot of life changing moments happened out back of the dumpster. Good times…

13 Likes

Somehow politics is full of things that simply, transparently, are contrary to reality
And somehow all the least subtle ones are always from the same side of the political spectrum
And somehow we are supposed to ignore that complete detachment from what is real
Because if you don’t show the same respect to “both sides”, you’re “the real problem”
While they keep moving further away from the observable universe every day
And it is so, so exhausting.

19 Likes

America is in danger of losing it’s Most-Incarcerated-People spot if they legalize this drug.

16 Likes

If you legalize marijuana, you’re gonna kill your kids. That’s what the data shows from around the country.

What data???

17 Likes

Dude, that was gluten. Get yer drugs straight.

9 Likes