"Light at the end of the tunnel," says Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/06/light-at-the-end-of-the-tunn.html

4 Likes

Among the many, many skills Trump lacks is the ability to deliver somber news in a hopeful and supportive way. So instead he just pretends there is no bad news.

49 Likes

Man Incorrectly Identifies Train In Tunnel

44 Likes

Yeah, the strong headwind should be a very powerful clue that the light is NOT the desired end goal.

23 Likes

Isn’t that what people say as they are dying?

20 Likes

I guess he hopes that if he keeps saying it, one day he will be right.

16 Likes

Full Disclosure: I am a Florida man. Don’t hate me.

15 Likes

I’m past thinking that Dr. Birx is sucking up to Biff in order to manage him. She’s just an embarrassing sycophant, Il Douche’s personal Lysenko.

22 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that. ‘Florida Man’ (a recent creation, as snubs go) always ends up “making” the news; pretty much a requirement. And I don’t believe you’ve been in the news since your stint on The Bob Newhart Show.

10 Likes

I’ve had stents, not stints. :wink:

13 Likes

2 days of less-than-spreading-wildfire numbers for daily new cases.

It is a bit early to be making these statements.

5 Likes

If by “light at the end of the tunnel”, he’s saying we’re 10 days away from peak death rates based on current projections assuming social distancing protocols are followed – which still may be up to 8000 per day at the high end and then slowly taper off after that? I mean, if that’s what he’s saying, weird flex, but ok.

16 Likes

I’m genuinely sorry to hear that. Stay safe and healthy in these brain-bending sphincter-flexing times.

10 Likes

Maybe he’s repeating what the doctor saw when he had his last checkup and they looked into his ear.

12 Likes

31 Likes

The president of the United States is a mass murderer and terrorist. I’m more afraid of him than anyone else on this planet. I’m very tired of living in constant fear.

22 Likes

“Light at the end of the tunnel” says Trump.

Ha, ha! /screams

I’m pretty sure Trump has a slippery grasp at best on the concept of “objective reality.” He thinks by saying it, it makes it “true.” Inasmuch as he understands “truth” as a result of marketing.

12 Likes

There is indeed light at the end of the tunnel. In November. Vote this clown out.

14 Likes

Why would we hate you? It’s not like you’re selling meth to the other Florida men. Right?

1 Like

He’s not the first mass murderer president*, and sadly, if the country doesn’t learn from his presidency and overwhelmingly defeat him in November, he likely won’t be the last.

(*Maybe the first to do it to US citizens, but feel free to correct me.)

2 Likes