Like notifications are getting louder ❤ 🎧 ⬆ 1️⃣1️⃣

Change:

10 Likes

TL;DR it is in your user preferences.

I also have desktop notifications turned off, but I still get notifications. Should that turn all of them off?

1 Like

desktop notifications are funny beasts, you enable them / disable them per browser.

anywhere you want them enabled/disabled you need to click that button in user prefs.

1 Like

Part of the always keep us guessing protocol.

lol

its a browser feature, you can actually see what is going on if you click here:

6 Likes

:kissing_heart:

6 Likes

I’m just going to reply to every post of yours that I like to let you know.

12 Likes

Don’t forget to like those posts, too! Suspenders and a belt, right? :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Your sense of humor and whimsy it… It amuses me :D.

Serious note: I have Always turned on, and there are some usability, how to say, speedbumps? when browsing primarily on a phone. I’ve got to think about it more (is it me, the handset, or the webapp?)

1 Like

on the check in, @sam

I thought I would get clobbered on monday with always-on notifications, but really it’s been fine. I think a lot of that is due to being an average sort of user, regular but not on the level of Brainspore et al. I don’t have any mobile issues like Japhroaig because I’m laptop only, cannot comment on that.

I’m going to try the new default next week and see if I like it better. tentatively thinking always works best for my level of notifications, though.

1 Like

What phone are you using? What speed bumps are you referring to?

Isn’t that what the disappointed/banned lists are for?

1 Like

Nexus 5x. The notification list just gets to long, and can’t display all new notifs. So I click ‘older’, cause I’m not sure if there will be a response not being displayed.

As in it is “truncated” and you need to scroll down to see the bottom ones?

Can you post a screenshot?

Which infinity not one of those tiny ones?

Is it possible we a getting new notifications, on a different day, when there had been a system edit - to replace an image, for instance?

I got a quote notice recently (last few hours) on a quote from yesterday - and I was notified about the quote yesterday. I do see the post has been edited.

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/how-can-women-disrupt-male-speech-domination/74908/194
2 Likes

The late breaking quote nominations (days after you’ve already got a reply notification for the post) are annoying. And blocking that asshole user @system doesn’t make it go away.

4 Likes

I guess the system is not fully housebroken, something sure is :fish:ey … will go :fishing_pole_and_fish:

7 Likes

so, I did end up going back to always this week. I’m gonna keep it, it works best for me. good stuff.

1 Like