Like notifications are getting louder ❤ 🎧 ⬆ 1️⃣1️⃣

You only get one notification per post eg:

The issue at hand is that you have multiple posts in the same topic getting likes and nothing to distinguish them in the UI (we never really had anything there)

Coupled with “Emoji” in topic titles making the notification list look like disneyland :slight_smile:

Note… there is a caveat, we only roll stuff up for a 24 hour period, otherwise its a bit weird to be notified of a like you got a year ago.

10 Likes

The universe loves you and hate me. Clearly.

6 Likes

I’m going to do a little ceremony later today to try and shift some of my karma over to you. You can have it. Crystals and shakras and incense and bowls of fruit and incantations.

2 Likes

I think you forgot sage and rosary beads!

(Thanks! :sparkling_heart: )

3 Likes

&krilian chanting. Wait is it krillian chanting? Tiny sea creature energy?

4 Likes

Okay, I tried out “Notify when liked: Always” for about 24 hours.

It’s too loud for me. I’ll turn it down a little. Just too much coming in. I’m too easily distracted. Maybe if I got a wad of notifications every hour or something.

Really first time liked, and daily is perfect. If there’s a thread I want to keep track of my “:heart: score” in I can temporarily turn on “Always notify”.

4 Likes

Thanks for explaining. I had been wondering what was going on, and at first I thought maybe it was some kind of database bug. I’m fine with the current default setting.

1 Like

I’m good with first time liked, to be honest.

Glad you left that as an option.

3 Likes

I think it makes sense to also add a never option then, for people who are not into all the like stuff.

5 Likes

Thanks, but to be honest I can’t remember the last time I was invited to a party that didn’t involve a birthday cake and a piñata.

5 Likes

Now that that’s all clarified, please explain the significance of the uterus-on-a-blue-circle emoji.

Headphones? :headphones: (Looks a bit different on a black background.)

2 Likes

Is joke, comrade! Ha ha? (Actually it’s on the white background that it looks like a uterus. On the black background it’s more of a mushroom cloud or something like that.)

So either love-womb-up-one-one or love-atomicbomb-up-one-one, but an excellent cheat code either way.

Also, apropos of nothing, we found a bunny yesterday.

But we got a call from the owner today and returned him.

11 Likes

Yeah. I was 50/50 on reading it that way.

1 Like

5 Likes

I like a lot of people who don’t like a lot of stuff, a lot.

6 Likes

@GulliverFoyle @jlw I made you people who are against FUN a new preference :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

detailed directions to finding this menu option, please.

2 Likes