Like Strike part II

I completely missed that, and I just went on a Like binge in that thread! :wink:

7 Likes

Muted.

6 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

I noticed that. Good catch. :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Might have to look into that. Iā€™d love to be able to switch off PMs for anything less than TL4. As is it, my mute list is starting to get unwieldy.

3 Likes

I know the feeling. I used to try to keep up with my topic mutes, but I donā€™t bother anymore. Sooner or later Iā€™ll probably hit a limit and have to do something about it.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a way to block PMs specifically.

3 Likes

The only reason Iā€™m not echoing this in header styling is because I donā€™t want to dilute its message by yelling. Even though I really want to yell this.

15 Likes

that is exactly the post i mean and having just read back through that thread iā€™m pissed off all over again. i think at this point he should be more objective about the unanticipated consequences of the discourse system in the wild and realize that different communities have different needs and different priorities and while some of them may coincide with his intentions others may not and that needs to be allowed for.

12 Likes

6 Likes

I donā€™t disagree there; just because you create something doesnā€™t mean that you can control what happens regarding that creation, after the fact.

(Just ask good olā€™ Dr. Frankenstein.)

But at the end of the day, people are people; weā€™re all fallible, and we all have a lot of room for improvement.

Being more open minded is usually a good place to start.

9 Likes

10 Likes

4 Likes

What hump?

2 Likes

ā€œHump?ā€

I donā€™t see what youā€™re talking aboutā€¦

4 Likes

amen sister!

amen.

4 Likes

No, you were mindlessly liking every single post in an old topic. Thatā€™s not cool. Itā€™d be one thing if you were reading old topics and said ā€œhey that is a particularly great post, let me like that oneā€ rather than mindlessly scrolling down and liking every single post.

I posted about it, because I am asking you nicely to stop. Whatā€™s met with rage, is abuse of a limit that we specifically raised based on feedback here, despite the risks of this kind of abuse.

Iā€™m not sure if you are testing to see what the ā€˜realā€™ limit is, or what (thatā€™s my theory), but again: Iā€™m asking you to stop. Nicely.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to fly in and just say ā€œStop it.ā€

You are all grown-up bipeds, behave like it. Or I will feast.

15 Likes

7 Likes

11 Likes