Like Strike part II

codinghorror posted it - the search function on Discourse works surprisingly well.

Trust Level 2 "Member" = 1.5× Trust Level 3 "Regular" = 2× Trust Level 4 "Leader" = 3×

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m following the same threads and I think you read into that quite a lot. I don’t see anyone questioning anyones character.

9 Likes

#Not-all-commenters

I think I maybe made one pun the whole weekend.

That said:

@jlw, @beschizza, @codinghorror & @sam ;

11 Likes

To quote a line from one of my favorite films:

Here’s hoping things go back to normal now. This past weekend was pretty awkward to say the least.

11 Likes

Isn’t that almost every job, though?

3 Likes

the whole point of the like strike was to show solidarity with a respected member who was leaving because of the like limit at the time and the feeling that this complaint, brought up previously, had been treated dismissively. not every person participating necessarily had a particular complaint about the like limit at that moment bet every participant knew that she was feeling the pinch and was departing because of it. the point of a strike, any strike, is that the whole group, by showing solidarity with the grieving party or parties, can exercise more influence than a single individual can by themselves. your sarcasm and dismissiveness are duly noted but would have been irrelevant even if you had made your posts before the strike was over.

14 Likes

12 Likes

Along with @nemomen, I’m submitting my mea culpa.

No sarcasm in my posts. I meant what I said. However, I completely agree that my dismissiveness was unproductive and that I used a pretty broad brush with it, too. For those of who felt wrongly implicated by this treatment, I apologize. As @Melizmatic said: #not-all-commenters. A truth ignored on my part.

I suppose I’ll content myself with being a case example of how it’s not about your viewpoint but how you express it.

—ps I want to like your post but I’m on a 24-hour abstention as proposed by tropo. Nine more hours to go!

10 Likes

No worries here.

Personally, my whole point in participating was not to insult or offend anyone; instead, it was to support Liz and hopefully entice her into actively commenting again.

I never expected that TPTB would actually listen to us, so that’s a wonderful surprise and I am happy to have been wrong.

9 Likes

I would gladly be the hot-headed, dismissive contrarian all over again if it meant retaining @chgoliz as a BB commenter.

11 Likes

Aye; hopefully, we’ll be seeing her again soon.

8 Likes

Lovely to wake up to this. :heart_decoration:

Many thanks to TPTB for changing things.

8 Likes

I should add my thanks as well. Even though I didn’t run out of likes very often, it sure was frustrating when I did. So thank you!!!

:rose::heart::purple_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart:

7 Likes

I am overwhelmed at y’all. How can I ever make this up to you?
:revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::two_hearts:

23 Likes

Cake. We like cake. Lots of cake.

12 Likes

I already MADE your cake!!! (and ate it too :wink: )

12 Likes

And you know just where to put them, too…

8 Likes

Forgot to add the proof/reminder:

18 Likes

And I should thank you as well.
Without things catalyzing the way they did, I’d still have a not-small source of stress and frustration around.

7 Likes