LimeBike guy crosses 5 lanes of Texas freeway traffic in 15 seconds on electric scooter

If neither common sense nor basic physics have persuaded people not to ride a scooter in high density high velocity traffic, I don’t think that amendments to the dockless vehicle ordinance are going to have much effect.

8 Likes

All freeways are highways but not all highways are freeways brah. He was in the correct. You are not

3 Likes

It’s Dallas. It better be doing at least 80.

6 Likes

That is so Dallas, I’m not even surprised.

3 Likes

I’m guessing traffic was pulsing and he had just passed a block of stopped cars by riding on the left shoulder.

4 Likes

Darwin%20award

3 Likes

Ahhh, so worth it.

2 Likes

9 Likes

sublime ridiculous
guess there are no international regulations yet

3 Likes

I assumed he was crossing the entire freeway, and had probably done the same thing in the opposite direction before hopping the median. #froggersgottafrog

@DukeTrout “Third, he didn’t signal his lane changes!” I think he was sending powerful signals.

3 Likes

Interstate Highway 35

1 Like

You can get anywhere in downtown Dallas using the non-freeway streets. It will take longer, because of lights and traffic, but you can do it. The entirety of that freeway is fronted by streets. There are parallel streets to either side. The only reason to attempt this stupidity is a combo of wanting to avoid the inconvenience of the lights and a death wish.

Edit to add: and maybe one more reason- closing down the entire freeway for 6 hours so the state troopers can do a traffic fatality accident. That happens in Austin multiple times a year- from people attempting to cross I-35 on foot.

4 Likes

Seeing that it’s Texas, and so Linklater-esque, I have to respond with

7 Likes

Scooter means also a motorbike. But anyway even wit a motorway-legal scooter, like the Vespa 200 it’s dangerous to use them in a motorway, as you couls see in this news.

If you are using a thing clearly not intended to use in a motorway you are a total moron.

1 Like

Hey bro. Brosephus, chronicler of the bro war. If that’s the wildest thing you’ve ever seen, you’ve led a very sheltered life. I’ve been in places in India where you’re never not seeing someone do something crazier than that in traffic.

4 Likes

Papa said “son, get off of the turnpike, if you’re gonna keep drivin’ that hot rod Lime Bike!”

8 Likes

You obviously have not had the ‘pleasure’ of driving on Central Expressway in Dallas at anywhere near peak time.

2 Likes

City streets inevitably feeding into freeways is a pretty common design, though. (And apparently it was legal, so…)

That’s a rather serious indicator of the unavoidability of freeways…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.