LimeBike guy crosses 5 lanes of Texas freeway traffic in 15 seconds on electric scooter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/22/limebike-commuter-exits-across.html

7 Likes

Something, something Darwin Award something :interrobang:

22 Likes

This reminds me that I’m grateful that I don’t associate with anyone who uses the word “bro” five times in 10 seconds.

Also, scooters gotta scoot, I guess.

25 Likes

#1 Surly Vega is a great name, but I’m not sure why I’m seeing her image at the top of the page.
#2 It’s not like they weren’t at least keeping up with traffic.

3 Likes

No helmet and it looks like he’s wearing headphones? I’m hoping it’s ‘cause Jeebus is his copilot and he needs to be able to hear His lane-change instructions. Probably not, alas.

More likely he’s got Charlie Daniels turned up to 11 and he’s wondering if a Lime scooter qualifies for the carpool lane same as a motorcycle.

18 Likes

First, bad idea to ride scooter on freeway. Second,why was he in the fast lane?

15 Likes

Because he wanted to go fast.

36 Likes

If you look very carefully, you might notice that it’s Tom Cruise, and there’s a trailing van with cameras.
Welcome to LA!

11 Likes

Given how freeway-centric urban planning is in the US, and how much road planning assumes you have a car, it can be hard to stay off freeways, so I’m not entirely surprised by this.

Also: “Dallas’ dockless vehicle ordinance does not prohibit scooters from being operated on the interstate.” WAT. How is a vehicle with 15mph top speed legally allowed on an interstate? Are bicycles allowed? Skateboards?

10 Likes

Bravery & Courage, never have been a source of intelegence.

1 Like

note: turn down your speakers.

4 Likes

20 Likes

Third, he didn’t signal his lane changes!

23 Likes

“Oh my gosh, that is the most wild thing I have ever seen”

Bro, you gotta get out more.

15 Likes

“Bro” is said unironically way too much in this video.

7 Likes

Ditto. And yet, in this video the bro shouting bro was remarkably not the dumbest participant.

23 Likes
14 Likes

"cause bro bro, bro.

4 Likes

Do we know for sure that he hadn’t hot-rodded his LimeBike to do 60?

10 Likes

What got me was calling a freeway a “highway”.

3 Likes