Lincolnshire cops who danced the Macarena at Gay Pride march pleased to have upset British conservatives

So, a while ago I got pulled over on the motorway for driving like a dick. I spotted the cop car, their lights went on am my heart sank, I pulled over. The driver walked up to me, gave me some (justified) grief for driving like a dick, and told me to sit in the back of the car. When I got into the back seat, I was wondering what the large box was that was taking up the middle seat, but then I was distracted by watching the copper bending down to look at my front tires, which were bald (again, I was an idiot), but as he did, I suddenly realised he had a handgun strapped to his leg, and also realised that the box I was leaning on was probably also full of guns.
I jumped and said something like, “oh shit, you guys are armed!” (in probably quite a high pitched voice), but the copper in the front seat just laughed and told me not to worry.

It’s just that unusual to see a police officer with a gun in the UK, that I literally jumped.

(I assume they were just driving somewhere, but my driving was so bad they couldn’t turn a blind eye and had to pull me over. If I’d just been speeding a bit they’d probably have ignored me. Mind you, probably helps that I’m white and was being well-spoken and polite).

2 Likes

So what did you learn from the experience?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.