Lindsey Graham on possible government shutdown: "We should all be kicked out if that happens"

Soooo, dry kibble behing the sofa, not ‘went to the beach, ate a dead herring gull and washed it down with seawater’?
(bitter experience, lemme tells ya)

2 Likes

I’m 35 and I’ve seen the government shut down twice in my life that I can remember. Both of those happened with a Democratic president and a Republican congress, coming to a head. If a Republican congress and a Republican president shut down the government, I think it’s pretty clear what the mitigating factor is.

9 Likes

Terrible analogy. Baseball fans have no control over the outcome of the game, and the final result of the game has no real bearing on the outcome of their lives. Pragmatic considerations such as “not making the perfect the enemy of the good” and recognizing that “the enemy of your enemy may be your friend” do not apply.

1 Like

FTS. Taking the higher ground and ignoring abuses of the other party in hopes of bipartisan cooperation are not a productive strategy here. If the Republicans want to continue a campaign of destroying the middle class, attacking people for partisan purposes and enriching cronies at our expense, strong action has to be taken.

He speaks truth part of the time, that makes him less harmful than most of his ilk.

I’m not endorsing him, I favor him to whatever Repugnican would be in his place.

We would ALL be better off with this government shut-down.

4 Likes

I am not ever voting for a republican, which is a given, I am not voting for anyone that has the slightest notion of doing anything other than shutting them down.

No compromise, no concessions, they have declared razed-earth total war. And the DNC sends people preparef for a pta meeting.

They are going to wish for the days when they had spineless democratic centrist to use.

1 Like

Woof, I almost replied to a post in a politics thread again.

Bu then I came to my senses. Later, y’all, stay fabulous!

5 Likes

Eh, I’m not sure I’d personally agree with that. It’s when an extreme is reached, the pendulum can begin to swing back in the other direction.

Step into the light!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.