Lioness roaming Berlin led to massive search but the big cat... wasn't that

Originally published at: Lioness roaming Berlin led to massive search but the big cat… wasn't that | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Tony The Tiger Mic Drop GIF by Frosted Flakes

5 Likes

The kids are all right :joy:

15 Likes

In my head, it is the same boar that Naked German Dude had all that trouble with a while back, just carrying on with it’s Chaotic Neutral wild boar shenanigans. Because that thought makes me happy.

11 Likes

I am a bit sad due to the lack of engagement on the topic.

So many options to take the piss on Germans, and especially Berlin and Brandenburg. And no takers. Pity.
bored lions GIF

5 Likes

Berlin is just too easy to make fun of, you know

3 Likes

… that doesn’t look like Germany to me :confused:

2 Likes

For some reason I suddenly feel like I can hear an '80s German synth-pop band warbling about how “there are no lions in Berlin…” That’s the name of the song, too - it’s Deeply Symbolic, you know.

4 Likes

To be fair, it is a bit of a boar.

8 Likes

Bit of a stretch to call Kleinmachnow a “Berlin suburb” anyway.
Ah, Brandenburg

6 Likes

Bear with me: the hogging and sagging of the media attention, which had it’s lions share on the weekend, should be enough reason to fire up your Safari and indulge in a bit of good old Schadenfreude. Peppered with GIFs and served with cat-like graciousness.

At the very least, we should have someone other than me pointing out that Germans are obsessed with exotic animals during the Sommerloch , aka Saure-Gurken-Zeit. ( In this particular case, maybe we could go with Spreewaldgurkenzeit. But I digress.) For some reason there is always a Snapping Turtle, crocodile or some wildlife somewhere. Maybe even a shark in the Müggelsee. And I honestly don’t know when this started. It seems to be one of those things which always were a part of Germanic identity…

5 Likes

All this talk about summer and safaris and Germans def makes me wonder where Sclachtensee got it’s name!

Never heard this term before. Love it!

4 Likes

That’d be a new one, at last. Simply swapping crocodiles and caimans every leap year just won’t do.

(Despite my best efforts I just can’t get the rumour started that… something… lives in the Baldeneysee. There used to be a coal mine under it, therefore it is entirely plausible that some eldritch horror made its way out of the very bowels of the Earth and now lurks under the surface.)

4 Likes

Well, about that…

3 Likes

I had remained blissfully unaware of this cinematographic milestone until today.

5 Likes

Indeed the inofficial hymn for the federal state of Brandenburg. I like this video best…

1 Like

I usually don’t drive through Brandenburg when going to near the Ostsee - but of course that’s where Horst Evers enters into it:
Wenn Niedersachsen nicht sein müsste
dann wär man schneller an der Küste.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.