Listen: Buddy Hackett's filthy Donald Trump putdown joke, as told to Merv Griffin

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/25/buddy-hackett-vs-trump.html

15 Likes

I think “both twins died” will be my standard comment on Trump threads.

18 Likes

Too bad the prick lived

18 Likes

nyuk nyuk!
Lately I’ve been calling him “Toad Stool”

9 Likes

tumblr_pbmw26fc1x1w5e1jeo1_540

16 Likes

So weird to hear the seagull from The Little Mermaid saying such filthy things. That said, I like the duck joke.

20 Likes

But… if you don’t argue about it on the internet… are you sure it’s really the internet?

4 Likes

“P for F and F for P” had me rolling.

You know a joke is good when it’s still funny 30+ years later.

5 Likes

Well I never, I only knew Buddy Hackett as the cast member from “It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World” that I’d never heard of before. I was rooting for Terry Thomas.

thomas

4 Likes

“It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World” was pretty much what came to my mind when I saw the picture of Buddy Hackett.

No matter how much of a cad he was being depicted as in whatever role, everyone always rooted for Terry-Thomas. It’s the charm.

(And the hyphen is an important part of his stage name. Even though Wikipedia’s entry is inconsistent/sloppy on the point.)

He did not add the hyphen until 1947, and later explained that it was “not for snob reasons but to tie the two names together. They didn’t mean much apart; together they made a trade name”: the hyphen was also “to match the gap in his front teeth”.

1 Like

For many years I only knew him from “The Music Man”. Then in my teens my dad introduced me to his blue humour and I was hooked (and yes, it was often horribly racist and sexist). His delivery of such raunchy material is a joy to behold.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.