Listen to a rare Kraftwerk live concert from 1975

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/01/listen-to-a-rare-kraftwerk-liv.html

2 Likes

There is a decent quality bootleg from this same tour. I briefly suspected it was the same show, but apparently not.

1 Like

This is a particularly good fidelity recording given that most from this era are murky.

On a different note, I’d recommend Kraftwerk fans prepare for some unexpected news soon, and I don’t mean cancelled or deferred tours…

1 Like

Are they not the robots? Doot, doot, doot, doot.

1 Like

Did the 'rona get one of them?

Now is ze time on Sprockets ven ve dance!

3 Likes

Are they doing a collaboration with Kraft macaroni and cheese?

1 Like

at 1:08 there
Ping Island from “Life Aquatric” at the 1 min 33 mark.

Tell us! Kill the pain of the forthcoming cancellation/postponement with some good news!

1 Like

Very likely won’t be good news.

1 Like

As someone that has tickets for their upcoming Seattle gig, I share this sentiment.

(ETA I’ve seen some unsourced confirmation that the tour has been postponed until 2021. Still waiting for something official.)

1 Like

Booooo.

I’ll guess then!

Tour will be postponed but will happen. Sadly, it will be their swan song. One final EP and a mass reissue with unreleased material.

1 Like

Baron von Herzenberger would probably enjoy it:

1 Like

Fun fact: they shortened Karlheinz Bartos’ first name to Karl in order to save money on those neon signs.

(Source: Karlheinz Bartos’ autobiography which I’m reading, on and off, at the moment. For the record: Bartos was okay with it; apparently he is that kind of guy.)

1 Like

Well, now we know:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.