Listen to Tenacious D perform a medley inspired by The Who

Originally published at: Listen to Tenacious D perform a medley inspired by The Who | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Just to add, they played at VH1’s tribute concert to The Who in 2008

7 Likes

JB is by all accounts one of the film and music industry’s good guys. I have no doubt that Kyle is too.

9 Likes

like most people i first heard of jack black from movies, some of which i really enjoyed. but man i was surprised – he really has a good voice. and from all the videos and interviews i’ve seen, he looks like he is having a pretty damn good time on this planet. nice going jack.

11 Likes

Just wondering, why use a youtube link to a reposter rather than the official TenaciousD channel?

5 Likes

More specifically a Tommy medley. Strange that they didn’t title it that. I only realized it slowly as I waited for the Teenage Wasteland finale that never came.

9 Likes

Jesus, I’d like to hear them do the whole album!

5 Likes

Or even Baba O’Reily? Here’s me using “Who’s Next” to put the “p” in “pedantic” :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

5 Likes

I’d love to see Tenacious D, Weird Al Yankovic, or Tenacious D and Weird Al perform the Super Bowl halftime show.

5 Likes

Humanity isn’t worthy of such an awesome event. But maybe someday……

3 Likes

The video gives two reminders - one,Tenacious D’s infectious enthusiasm for rock, not to mention their own native talents. And two, the timeless, mindblowing, crushing power of ‘Tommy’, which still makes a lot of classic rock seem weak and anemic by comparison.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.