Tenacious D rips through killer cover of "Time Warp" to "Rock-y the vote" (w/ cameos by Liz Warren, George Takei, John Waters, and other)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/27/tenacious-d-rips-through-killer-cover-of-time-warp-to-rock-y-the-vote-w-cameos-by-liz-warren-george-takei-john-waters-and-other.html

7 Likes

Thank you that made my day.

15 Likes

Welp, I got up and danced. Jack and Kyle are awesome as always.

And yes: VOTE!

13 Likes

They’ve got some serious energy going on there. I thought Jack Black was going to (literally) explode at one point. That managed to cheer me up a bit.

Guests on the video include Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg, John Waters, Susan Sarandon, George Takei, Sarah Silverman, and many others.

I don’t think I recognized any of the “many others” except Michael Peña. I suppose this is because I am seriously unhip. This is also oddly cheering.

10 Likes

It’s Just a Jump to the Left!

Really should have been the Biden/Harris slogan all along!

24 Likes

show this to Amy Coney Barret…she will be the next SCOTUS to be replaced.

2 Likes

Wow. Jack Black is such a great rock vocalist.

And Pete Buttigieg is the only straight-presenting person in this video.

18 Likes

He seems like a perpetual toddler jacked up on sugary cereal and too much tv. And I love him.

17 Likes

When he commits, he really commits.

16 Likes

Yes yes, I know, she’s in the film.

I was still kinda surprised to see Susan Sarandon.

11 Likes

One of Jack’s first film appearances was in Bob Roberts, directed by and starring her then partner Tim Robbins.

6 Likes

And he always commits.

9 Likes

Wow! The first version that made Richard O’Brien look understated.

Absolutely fantastic.

7 Likes

It’s a cover of a song from Rocky Horror. So… Nailed it!

6 Likes

Susan Sarandon is part of the reason we now have 3 Trump justices on SCOTUS and 500+ kids at the border who can’t find their parents. Not to mention 220,000 covid deaths.

2 Likes

Thank goodness there are still some decent things left in the world!

1 Like

I’ll never NOT love Jack Black and his rock styling. School of Rock remains one of perennial favorite films (and the kids did a great job in that film rocking it out, too). The Tenacious D movie wasn’t great, but the music that came out of it was fantastic. He really hit it out of the park with this cover, and the ONLY thing he left on the floor was having his celebrities on video doing the pelvic thrust. :wink:

9 Likes

I thought I saw Tim Curry for a second, but I expect I was mistaken. Too bad!

1 Like

Speaking of Tim Curry/Rocky Horror related things

The British actor, who originated the role of Dr Frank-N-Furter on stage and reprised it in the classic 1975 film, will appear during a livestream reading of the original Rocky Horror script.

The event will take place in aid of the Wisconsin Democratic Party, with proceeds going to the Biden/Harris presidential campaign.

13 Likes

there was also eric andre

6 Likes