Tenacious D rips through killer cover of "Time Warp" to "Rock-y the vote" (w/ cameos by Liz Warren, George Takei, John Waters, and other)

Absolutely worth a few minutes of my time… We need more smiles right now!!

7 Likes

Tenacious D leans way too hard on “if you like this, it’s real, otherwise it’s satire or a joke or something”

but then again so does Rocky Horror, so … carry on :+1:

2 Likes

‘Splain, please?

Not a Jack Black fan, but somehow when he’s with Tenacious D I can’t help loving him. It’s that damn commitment paired with bizarre great vocal stylings.

I’m sharing this with everyone I know.

2 Likes

Yes School od Rock turned me on to Jack Black, national treasure. Watching the Jumanji movies in quarantine gave me new appreciation for his ability to camp it up as he plays a teenage girl trapped in Jack Black’s body.

4 Likes

She endorsed Jill Stein. So a really dumb position to take in an election with an actual fascist on the ballot, yes. But I don’t think Susan Sarandon personally had enough political sway to have swung the election one way or the other.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, I have a vague sense of who he is and thought I recognized him. Everyone else, not so much…

Maybe not Susan Sarandon all by her lonesome, but her and a handful of other folks of public stature who should have known better? Clinton lost by very very few votes…

Clinton lost by 77,000 votes in 3 states. Jill Stein got more than 77,000 votes in those 3 states. But Sarandon did a lot lot lot more to denigrate Clinton than just support Stein. By the way, Putin also did quite a bit to help Stein.

When you have an extremely close election you can point to a million different factors as the reason for the loss and every one of those would be true all by themselves.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.