Listen to the theme music for today, Friday, October 13

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/13/listen-to-the-theme-music-for.html

1 Like

And this excellent version released by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross yesterday:
John Carpenter’s Halloween by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross

2 Likes

Fun fact: The movie in Spanish is Tuesday The 13th, the reason is because in Hispanic countries that date is considered unlucky. Per the wiki:

Tuesday the 13th in Hispanic and Greek culture

In Spanish-speaking countries, instead of Friday, Tuesday the 13th (martes trece) is considered a day of bad luck.[13]

The Greeks also consider Tuesday (and especially the 13th) an unlucky day.[14] Tuesday is considered dominated by the influence of Ares, the god of war (Mars in Roman mythology). The fall of Constantinople to the Fourth Crusade occurred on Tuesday, April 13, 1204, and the Fall of Constantinople to the Ottomans happened on Tuesday, 29 May 1453, events that strengthen the superstition about Tuesday. In addition, in Greek the name of the day is Triti (Τρίτη) meaning the third (day of the week), adding weight to the superstition, since bad luck is said to “come in threes”.[14]

Tuesday the 13th occurs on a month starting on Thursday

Also apparently in Italy the unlucky day is Friday the 17th. Which i did not know.

5 Likes

And for tomorrow…

3 Likes

I did not know that! Awesome!

1 Like

2 Likes

I never knew why exactly Tuesday the 13th was unlucky growing up, reading the wiki it seems quite silly. Like… there’s really hardly any reason why.

1 Like

But is there a reason for Friday to be unlucky? Or walking under a ladder (okay, I can see why there!)? Or crossing a black cat? Or… whatever.

Unlike Friday the 13th?

Being a day under the influence of the god of war sounds like far more justification than we get for Friday being the horrible, dangerous day.

1 Like

Some superstitions i can see a nugget of why those might be a thing, but making a particular day unlucky (Tuesday or Friday) seems quite arbitrary.

I’ve decided that donuts are unlucky, guys. No more donuts.

2 Likes

Any takers on what the in-flight movie will be on this flight?

3 Likes

zim-dib-all-kind-wrong-said

1 Like

2 Likes

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-W3R1NlUaYZ8/UiM_MNMe6tI/AAAAAAAAYVI/SCdAzVg8Bac/s1600/t1$T2eC16F,!wsE9suw))7vBRy,MYsHIg~~60_57.jpeg

Link is derping the embed. Uploaded it for ya

2 Likes

Thank you. I was trying to resolve that.

I try not to upload if i don’t need to but sometimes you just gotta :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.