The only version you need.

8 Likes

I really like this.

3 Likes

I will also accept Dylan and Morrison.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Dylan was a big Tiny Tim fan.

My favorite is the childrens special- lots of highlights but the best part is his song about global warming (1970):

4 Likes

May I humbly offer this?

5 Likes

I think that Tiny Tim’s instrument kills all political persuasions.

4 Likes

Karaoke tip: The melody to House of the Rising Sun syncs up perfectly to Mary Had a Little Lamb.

3 Likes

That’s silly. Fine version, of course. Bob Dylan’s version is good also. Probably the only version you really need is the one you sing yourself.

2 Likes

This is deeply weird. Tiny Tim is definitely an acquired taste. And sort of the living embodiment of Firesign Theater’s dictum, “Everything you know is wrong.” Mind you, I’ve grown to love him.

1 Like

image this is not Slim Whitman & I haven’t dropped LSD since 1984. so guess guess…quiz quiz…uh

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of bizarre covers, but this one was the only one I managed to enjoy until the end. But I would be remiss not to contrast it with my all time favorite cover of Stayin’ Alive.

And according to the comments on that YouTube link (yeah, yeah, I know…) the guitar solos are, in order of appearance: Dweezil Zappa, Zakk Wylde, Steve Lukather, Warren DeMartini, Nuno Bettencourt, and Tim Pierce.

3 Likes

Ahem…

Yeah, still going with Ozzy and Dweezil here.

Though the first couple notes, the wah pedal I heard from the laptop before I kicked it over to AirPlay, reminded me a lot of how the Dead would have approached this song.

1 Like

…and it syncs even better to “O’ Little Town of Bethlehem”.

2 Likes

You’ve clearly never heard me sing…

1 Like

I thought it was going to be by this guy

but then I realised I had misread the title.

2 Likes

Tiny Tim always seemed like a Happy Mutant to me. Sort of the sweet to Captain Beefhaeart’s sour.

No, I don’t know if they ever met, or why I think of the two of them at the same time.

1 Like

A little before my time, so this is the first time I’ve heard Tiny Tim, and I love it! Thanks Pesco, this was fantastic 1537491331116

1 Like

2ey81p

3 Likes