Tiny Tim documentary, narrated by Weird Al Yankovic, to be released next month

Originally published at: Tiny Tim documentary, narrated by Weird Al Yankovic, to be released next month | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I bought Tiny Tim’s first album on vinyl when I came across it mainly for a larf. Upon listening to it I realized that in addition to being unhinged the guy really knew his music and his music history and was doing some damn fine interpretations of some really great tunes. I snapped up his second album when I found it on vinyl, too: same game plan, slightly more matured sound and a little less unhinged plus he has his parents on the cover with him. My 9 year old loves it/is scared of it. I for one look forward to Tiny Tim as King, even if for a day.

12 Likes

In his later years Tiny Tim did an album with a favorite band of mine called Brave Combo, mostly without falsetto. So if you ever wondered how his renditions of “Stairway To Heaven” and “Hey Jude” would go, 1) they exist and 2) I’m sorry.

3 Likes

He had an interesting act for sure, but lesser known was that he was an archivist and human encyclopedia of popular music from the 19th century. Lots of the songs he sung were from that time period.

4 Likes

That’s what the original needed, a synchronized trombone / guitar solo…

One more story: Camper Van Beethoven told a funny story about being forced at The Rat, if I remember correctly, to play with Tiny Tim, who would turn to the band before every number and say, “You know this one, in the key of D” and take off.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.