Little Brother optioned by Paramount

Oh, I so want this gig. I’ve not read it for a while, so we’re just spitballing here -

FADE IN:
INT: A LUXURIOUSLY APPOINTED STUDY, LINED WITH BOOKS - NIGHT.

Behind an antique desk sits Severe Haircut Woman [SHW], studying a chessboard.

MARCUS, wearing evening dress, is sitting opposite her in a leather armchair. He is tightly bound. There are two goons wearing black tactical clothing behind him.

SHW
So, Mr Yallow: we meet again. This time, as I am sure you’ll allow, the advantage is mine. May I offer you a drink?

MARCUS
As I recall, the last drink you gave me turned out to be… a little lacking in taste.

SHW
As you will. Now: I must freely admit that your actions have recently caused my organisation some little inconvenience. These actions, of course, will cease. Allow me to explain –

SHW turns, indicates chessboard.

SHW
You play?

MARCUS
A little.

SHW
So. You see, Mr Yallow, we are not so different, you and I…

And that’s just a taste. Have your people call my people.

6 Likes

Megan Fox as Ange Carvelli, Channing Tatum as Marcus Yallow, dame Judy Densch as Lillian Yallow. Or Helen Mirren. Combine Vanessa Pak and Torrez into one character to save time on subplots, call him Sven.

Also, I want this Marktech guy writing. He’s got a lock on the feel of it.

In all seriousness, congratulations. I mock only because I’m not wild about the odds of a movie being the equal of its source and I’m a huge fan of the book. Fingers crossed, though!

5 Likes

Born 1980. Are you sure he’s old enough to play a high school kid in an American movie?

5 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

I know he’s young enough, but is he old enough?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Dammit. Does that mean I have to read it so I can complain that the movie wasn’t as good ?

1 Like

We can always call Dwayne Johnson.

I think he fits perfectly.

2 Likes

Suffice it to say, I’m pretty excited about this.

No kidding! Keeping fingers crossed about this.

Congrats @doctorow!

1 Like

Okay; they’re going to throw in some pyrotechnics, a high-speed automobile chase scene that involves a train at some point, and a little bit of character tweaking so that Rob Schneider can revive his career.

And win5tOn will be renamed d1sc0.

2 Likes

Enjoy the money

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.