Livable Cities

… oh dear, I didn’t know what that is either

3 Likes

Definitely considered to be a menace in some circles…

8 Likes

Yes, this is precisely the subtext I was going for!

3 Likes

One of the big objections to the plan to put tolls on I-205 to fund expansion is the increase of rat running, which is already a problem for several cities adjacent to the proposed toll area. The streets people are cutting through to avoid traffic now are already insufficient to the task.

8 Likes

rat eating GIF

3 Likes

Here’s the one I remember:

7 Likes

Add that to Unicorn Chasers, STAT!

3 Likes
1 Like

10 Likes

Apologies for getting off-topic but: what gets me about the Segway is that a lot of what Dean Kaman and his boosters envisioned has come true, at least in terms of the availability of small personal transportation. It’s just that the secret ingredient wasn’t the Segway, it was smartphone apps, cheap batteries, and the “abuse the legal interstices” model of startup disruption. Unfortunately this last one also means that urban planners end up aggressively hostile to building systems of support around scooter sharing, and not without good reason.

(EDIT of EDIT: Thanks to @FGD135 for moving this to a better spot!)

6 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

11 Likes

Maybe. But sandwiches were delivered before doorD. You had to call and the restaurant handled the delivery.

4 Likes

“You can’t give money to the homeless, they’ll just spend it on drugs and booze!”

“What, they didn’t? Oh no! This means that we’ll have to come up with another excuse!”

(Sucks to be in the control group.)

11 Likes

And it might be more efficient than the customer going out to pick up food themselves, since the delivery driver routes from pick up to customer to next pick up directly rather than out and back.

4 Likes
1 Like

Everyone knows that those cars have always been promiscuous.

2 Likes
2 Likes

There’s always a relevant XKCD. Sometimes it just turns up a little late.

10 Likes