Live-action Cowboy Bebop trailer

That looks cool and all, but I’d rather watch THIS show:

1 Like

Yeah, just the potential for immediate toxicity around the character’s gender, age and established sexualization online.

2 Likes

We still wants it.

It looks fun but i do hope it follows the laid-back vibe of the anime somewhat - run down towns nestled in craters filled with atmos (brief shot of one in the trailer) and a surprising amount of character depth as the series progresses. And jazz, lots of jazz.

2 Likes

Uh… it’s the same show? Or am I missing the joke?

1 Like

The whole “it will blow fan’s minds when they see Ed” has me a little worried…

IMO, the tones of the two trailers are completely different. I wasn’t enthused by the teaser trailer. To me, it felt like it was trying too hard, whereas I’m newly interested in the series after the official trailer. Others will obviously disagree. I hope they find a good balance between the two styles.

I feel like I need one of those ‘all the references’ trailer breakdowns people do for this trailer. I spotted some obvious stuff in there (guy with the bear costume head, laughy floaty clown) but I’m sure there’s allll sorts of interesting stuff to mine for a bit of fan wank.

Also, can’t allow the line “Whatever happens… happens.” to pass without this quote:

2 Likes

Personally, I think it looks too “faithful.” It’s like an outrageously budgeted cosplay fanfilm.

The anime exists, so why make a note-for-note live action version of it? It’s totally redundant.

They should have gone with a totally different style, more realistic (or as realistic as sci-fi can be), without the cartoonish winks and nods.

I’m also hoping for different stories from the CB universe, not rehashing the existing episodes. Maybe there’s a mix, we’ve only seen short glimpses of stuff so far and not all of it looks familiar.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.