Living vicariously via a kid riding a motorcycle at Salar de Uyuni

Originally published at: Living vicariously via a kid riding a motorcycle at Salar de Uyuni | Boing Boing

Too scenic to wear a helmet?

3 Likes

That’s a feature of vicariously living.

3 Likes

Such a beautiful landscape, the sky reflected seamlessly in the water, so the minibike is rolling on a dream.

1 Like

In an airplane magazine I saw there’s a hotel made of geodesic domes in that salar. Looks like a sci-fi location. I dreamed of going there to make a sci-fi video.

I know it’s uncouth to harsh on the vibe of a youngster, but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get behind the idea of petrol powered vehicles (both the motorcycle and the truck following him) fracturing the calm and depositing their particulates. Not sure the flamingos are getting the feels from this.

It’s also an exclusive experience for the child - not everyone can have that experience, otherwise the experience wouldn’t exist. So along with the beauty of the whole scene, you have to acknowledge the immense privilege of those filming it. Hopefully this area doesn’t get populated with 'grammers trying to do the same, or result in the spoiling of other calm shallow lakes in the world trying to reproduce it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.