Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch

What’s with people attempting to awaken the Old Ones all the time? Sheesh.

9 Likes

I would not be surprised, if Mike Krzyzewski’s name is pronounced the way it is then we might as well just start making shit up cause there’s clearly no rules :wink:

2 Likes

It’s pronounced “Kay” :wink:

And the town that bears his name might be the longest place name in North Carolina:

4 Likes

Obligatory Mad Magazine song:

10 Likes

I carry a jar of mint sauce just in case.

6 Likes

Ew, css:

50%20AM

8 Likes

He may have nailed the pronunciation but by the time he was finished saying it the weather had already changed.

8 Likes

It’ll take me longer to find the clip than for him to say it.

2 Likes

Are you welsh? If not then you can’t use that word, if you are then have at it.

While i’m here, i wouldn’t mind seeing ‘welshing’ censored on the bbs much like ■■■■■ is (was?) since it is derogatory. 'k? Thnx, bye!

2 Likes

I’d say it was on purpose.

Ah, that definiton of ‘recently’

The terms Welsh and welsh are not related other than in spelling (capital W aside). When someone welshes on a deal it has nothing to do with people from Wales.

Next you’ll be telling us we can’t polish a turd. :wink:

1 Like

The OED has some trouble deciding whether it’s ‘welching’ or ‘welshing’ but the generally accepted origin comes from english debt collectors making disparaging remarks about those backward oiks in the principality. What i mean is, the term as used now might not be disparaging to welsh people but that is its origin and makes me wince every time i hear it. Just use ‘reneging’ instead (not that i’ve seen people use the former on here).

2 Likes

New Zealand laughs at your puny place names!!!

10 Likes

Maybe. If only to emphasize how terrible CSS is.

1 Like

I don’t want to dox myself, but I am Welsh enough that I got ethnic comments at British customs when I arrived to spend a year at college with people who look like me and have names like mine.

“Taff” is not a nice word in Britain. In America almost nobody’s ever heard it. Almost nobody in America is at all aware that the Welsh have suffered, and continue to suffer, mistreatment in Britain.

The repeated topic “let’s talk about how funny it is when people like you speak their native language” doesn’t sit well with me at all. But carry on.

3 Likes

In just in time to wish everyone “Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus”!

3 Likes

You mean there isn’t a Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch superhero comic?

The world disappoints me again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.