Lobot's fate is revealed in a deleted Empire Strikes Back scene

Every background character is somebody’s favorite. I’m pretty sure Willrow Hood’s first figure wasn’t made until the character had already gathered the “Ice Cream Man” following. Though, that does seem to predate the Running of the Hoods at the Celebration conventions by a few years.

2 Likes

He can use dating apps, and swipe with his brain!

3 Likes

When it’s time to take the profile image, there’s no need to worry about where the camera would be on that thing. The HoloNet does whatever it wants to perspective.

1 Like

You mean what happened to Lobot other than his successful DJ gig: Kinect Star Wars "I'm Han Solo" Dancing - YouTube

3 Likes

Willrow Hood’s EU lore/canon is a wild ride — the community’s desire to consume more (new stuff but also new old stuff) meant that almost any memorable background character got a backstory.

1 Like

Wait wait wait… Those nightmare monstrosities were made by this guy?

i-dont-like-you-either

3 Likes

That game. There is probably a book to be written about how the hell it got made.

1 Like

Wow, that’s terrible.

1 Like

Thor: Ragnarok GIF "Is it though?"

It doesn’t register for me after reading two paragraphs which could be summed up as, “Lobot made a search engine query.”

2 Likes

It always seemed bonkers to me that the people who came up with all that Expanded Universe stuff decided that the drunken, horrifically scarred thug who tried to start a fight in a dive bar not only needed a complicated backstory but was also a surgeon.

It was so obvious from the character’s appearance, dress and demeanor that he was always intended to be a random thug. It would be like finding out the guy who tried to stab Wolverine in the first X-Men movie was actually a nuclear engineer who designed weapons for supervillains.

4 Likes

Disney has really leaned in to the lore surrounding that silly ice cream maker. You can order a $5000 drink that’s served in one:

1 Like

Ah yes, also known as “the influencer ripoff”

1 Like

They can build a whole new series around that sequence.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.