Local council seeks additional funds for Thatcher statue to pay for a tall anti-vandal plinth

And yet…

Still, it’s a wonderful thought. Although it’s tough for millions of dead to remind us when so many fuckwits believe they were never murdered in the first place.

6 Likes

they could raise the protection funds by having a sledge hammer sale in the town square.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Would have been more useful when she was alive

1 Like

People forget that they were planning on completely closing England before Thatcher came along. They had the lease cancelled and the movers booked and everything. /s

15 Likes

Perhaps they could build the statue out of actual thatch?

12 Likes

Ironic that some her biggest fans are now in the process of doing just that.

[joking aside, Thatcher was something of a Eurosceptic, as I recall.]

10 Likes

She may not have been a bad person, but the original statue of her that her hometown put up was still a crime against humanity.

11 Likes

Margaret Thatcher saved England.

From what, exactly?

17 Likes

Not according to Frankie Boyle…

12 Likes

My first thought was sell throwing tomatoes.

7 Likes

Let’s concede that point - solely for the sake of argument.

Stalin saved the world from Hitler - is it despicable to compare him to the Rusted Lady?

11 Likes

I think you should definitely consider helping out the council with additional funds to pay for a tall anti-vandal pedestal.

15 Likes

Who else but individuals will fund it? It’s not like society exists, at least as far as Thatcher or her “free” market fanbois are concerned.

8 Likes

If you don’t feel you owe her a debt, then you should not force yourself to contribute. Many people feel that way.

12 Likes

It’s long been said, that a rising tide raises all statues against the invisible hand of vandalism.

10 Likes