Loki Season 2 discussion thread. Glorious spoliers abound

OB and Loki, most likely.

1 Like

So this isn’t the Yggdrasil where Odin sacrificed one of his eyes to drink from Mimisbrunnr. That connects the Nine Realms. This connects / is made up of a multitude of timelines. So what should it be called?

I think if Tom Hiddleston wants to return to the MCU at some point, this gives him a way in. He tweaks the right timeline with a bit of magic to spawn an avatar for himself who can interact with the MCU then that avatar dissipates and the God of Stories learns whatever that avatar learned / experienced.

Hell, if he wanted to he could do brief cameos in each movie and/or TV series like Stan Lee did. It would make sense that if the God of Stories learned of a particularly juicy story being told (or written) that he’d want to come take a look for himself.

4 Likes

this is an entertaining thread. i have seen everything Marvel Studios/MCU has put out and i love an awful lot of it, but nothing gave me more enjoyment than the 2 seasons of Loki. everyone in it was terrific and the weirdness was so much fun to watch. and the sets/production design was absolutely fantastic.

4 Likes

Chronodrasil?

The movies made it clear that a lot of the Norse mythology passed down by humans isn’t exactly canon within the MCU. For example we see that Odin actually lost his eye fighting that war with the Frost Giants, Hel(a) is actually Loki’s adopted sister rather than his daughter and Thor didn’t get his pet goats until the events of Love & Thunder.

In a multiverse of myths and legends intertwined with events that aren’t even bound by the normal rules of linear cause and effect there’s no reason to think that Loki couldn’t have been the one who created Yggdrasil.

5 Likes

protector of chaos and growth, giver of free will.

he who is. and was. and always will be…

(oh lord loki, forgive my imperfection hence my constant edits…)

2 Likes

He could do a little What If…

3 Likes

at the end of every episode Loki makes some comments on the Watcher’s action. Breaks that 4th wall for us and the Watcher is oblivious… . or is he?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.