Sir Patrick Stewart can be heard & slightly seen in the new Doctor Strange trailer

9 Likes

acting patrick stewart GIF

16 Likes

Nice. I wonder what else they’re porting over from the What If… series if Strange Supreme is in there, i hope to god we get Captain Carter.

8 Likes

Is that… Bova, the cow who acted as nursemaid to Wanda’s twins?

8 Likes

Marvel has half a dozen Minotaurs running around. Plus they’re a whole ass faction when it comes to Olympus and Hercules.

Zeus is meant to be showing up in the Next Thor film, played by Russel Crow.

So my first thought was that’s an early intro, and they’ll probably pop up on Olympus at some point.

3 Likes

No, it’s Rintrah, the interdimensional apprentice to Dr Strange.

5 Likes

I must of missed patrick

and don’t tell me its just after the part with the floating chunks of city

1 Like

Star Wars GIF by Johanna Healy

ending season 1 GIF by ThePassageFOX

2 Likes

Huh, I figured the MCU was going to either just leave the whole Olympian pantheon to D.C. or suggest that it was just a mythology built up around the escapades of the Eternals. They already have a character who was explicitly the inspiration for the mythical goddess Athena and a flying guy named “Ikarus” who supposedly made up the story about escaping the labyrinth with the Minotaur.

3 Likes

1:15, when the Ultrons take him in cuffs into the presence of some shadowy figures:

“We should tell him the truth.”

6 Likes

There You Are Cbc GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

4 Likes

thanks - patricks new older voice.

would it be professor X or is that some other marvel universe?

1 Like

It would be funny if they got everyone excited about finally bringing the X-Men into the MCU only to reveal that Sir Patrick was portraying yet another alternate-universe Spider-Man.

10 Likes

Since the X-Men and mutants generally ended up in a different studio’s franchise, there’s been lots of fan discussion on how they could fold the Mutants back into the MCU.

One theory I liked would be that it was the Snap and its undoing which broke the universe, and that it was brought back different. And that a perfect post-credit scene of Endgame would be of some short guy in an alley about to be mugged, and the screen goes black just before the sound of snikt.

But then Loki and What If and No Way Home and now this happened. So it’s looking like there’s going to be more futzing with the alternates, and that a version of Stewart!Xavier is showing up. And in the context, possibly even as a member of the Illuminati.

But then, all the theories have been wrong before.

2 Likes

Sir Patrick with hair

7 Likes

8 Likes

Never say never but Stewart did say he was retired from playing Xavier.

6 Likes

Yeah, but that’s from 2017. That’s, like, a millionty years ago. That’s in the before times.

9 Likes

It really has been that long…

84-years

6 Likes

Sometimes real wisdom means knowing when it’s time to move on.

sir-knighted

10 Likes