Lone Canadian cop takes down alleged mass murderer without firing a shot

I don’t think a pro would recognise their greatness and brilliance with the unconditional sincerety they demand.

3 Likes

Hmph. I can’t say that I’ve looked at the Incel pseudo-cult*, but I bet that they have a thing where that’s seen as a disgraceful defeat of their hidden manliness.

• it quacks a bit like a duck. It used to be that people had to run off to a commune or compound to live inside a cult bubble-world echo-chamber, but now we have the Internet.
3 Likes

Pros are paid to indulge their clients’ fantasies. Faking sincerity shouldn’t be too much of a challenge.

1 Like

@RickMycroft already said some of what I wanted to say.

What I want to add is that I bet some of them do see prostitutes and that it doesn’t diminish the problem. If the problem were actually about experiencing sexual gratification then most of them presumably have hands.

The real problem is that they live under a cloud of intense shame. Their inner monologue says: “I’m a man, I’m supposed to be able to attract a women.” Paying for sex doesn’t solve that problem.

Unfortunately prostitutes have to deal with a lot of misogynist clients who think of women as things they can buy, sell, and rent (and for anyone who thinks that makes sense, I’ll remind you that we don’t think of ourselves owning a plumber or a lawyer who we are paying to work for us). For men who think that way about women and about sex, seeing prostitutes probably reinforces their misogyny rather than alleviating it.

Yeah, but these guys need psychologists (and even more than that they need friends outside of a shame-reinforcing, misogynist bubble). I bet there are at least a few prostitutes who rival the best therapists, but presumably most are there to help you indulge rather than challenge your issues.

5 Likes

I guess that and the other reasons mentioned above come to the root of why that is not a “solution”. The named issue of involuntary celibacy are not really the problem with this group of people.

There are probably men out there who have issues finding sexual partners but are not loaded with the misogyny or hatred of others who they perceive as having undeserved easy access to sex. Those people might well see prostitution as an answer.

I just don’t get the whole massive hatred thing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.