Long-missing John Lennon guitar from “Help!” found in attic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/24/long-missing-john-lennon-guitar-from-help-found-in-attic.html

3 Likes

It’s easy if you try!

17 Likes

It seems to be a trend.

7 Likes

What’s sad to me is that this will probably end up in the hands of a collector, go into a display in their home, and never be played. It may not be in playable condition, who knows, but it could probably be restored to playable condition. And it probably will sound great. But that will never happen, and I think that’s sad.

7 Likes

Maybe Noel Gallagher will buy it. He might be an arsehole, but he would play and look after his hero’s guitar.

7 Likes

Hmmm. That would mean Wonderwall gets played on this guitar? Ok, now I’m conflicted.

8 Likes

I hear Quentin Tarantino has a thing for vintage guitars.

ETA I read Johnny Marr recently about giving Gallagher a guitar after he smashed the previous one he gave him…

3 Likes

But Johnny Marr was just a friend.

ETA:
It was broken during a stage invasion, and he did seem genuinely upset about it.

I can’t believe I am defending Noel Gallagher.

7 Likes

"and Noel had hit someone with the guitar,”
Of course he was upset about it! Cost of a Les Paul! Imagine hitting someone with one rather than running off cradling your baby?

Fuck him.

I have a friend who saved up while working in a bar to buy a Les Paul nearly 30 years ago. It’s absolutely perfect - I played it last week - and he’s gigged constantly with it.

5 Likes

i can register and bid? ok, sure!

2 Likes

That’s in really good shape, all things considered.

I have something missing that is semi valuable - valuable to me. A sketch of The Shadow by MW Kaluta. I fear I somehow lost it in a move… but also I feel that it may just be in a box somewhere… Hrm. I hope to find it someday.

1 Like

Framus.
Underestimated guitar maker, I feel.
(I’ve played two. Both excellent. Both wonderful looking and superbly made.)

1 Like

This post should win a prize for most pointless accompanying photo.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.